Kyle Palmieri

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hey guys, I havent been able to watch very many Anaheim games this season, but how is Palmeiri doin??? There always seems to be some hype each year that he will make the squad and chip in well offensively. Looking at his stats, he isnt overly impressive as of yet and also i see he isnt getting much ice time this year. Do you guys think he will stay in NHL all season? or head back to the AHL again? Is it just a case where his time will come once possibly Perry or Getzlaf leaves the team via Free Agency/trade deadline???? Whats everyones thoughts?

getzforfighting*

he is here for good. I believe he will be back on the top line in no time although that 4th line of palms-rakkell-etem looked very solid on tuesday night. Hes got great mitts but is fairly small and not good enough along the wall to be a super 1st line stud like many had predicted though, imo

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
He's been good. He's missed a few opportunities to score, that I think he'd normally make, once he's a bit more comfortable. Definitely here to stay.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
whats his future look like??? average point totals??? or will he turn into a big time sniper?

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
whats his future look like??? average point totals??? or will he turn into a big time sniper?

I see him averaging out at 55 points if he hits his potential. I don't see him ever being a ppg, but I see him taking over Teemu's spot or Etem taking Teemu's spot.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
he is here for good. I believe he will be back on the top line in no time although that 4th line of palms-rakkell-etem looked very solid on tuesday night. Hes got great mitts but is fairly small and not good enough along the wall to be a super 1st line stud like many had predicted though, imo
He's in his rookie season. I imagine anyone that made those predictions wasn't expecting it to happen in his first five games.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
He started off great but his last two games have been his worst so far. He, along with Perry have missed a lot of goal chances they should have made. That's what has plummeted him down the depth chart. I personally like him on the 1st line much better than Beleskey. He will bounce around the lineup until they find a fit. Fortunately for him we lack top six wingers, but if he doesn't pick it up, i wouldn't be suprised to see him sent down, especially if Etem outperforms him.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
He started off great but his last two games have been his worst so far. He, along with Perry have missed a lot of goal chances they should have made. That's what has plummeted him down the depth chart. I personally like him on the 1st line much better than Beleskey. He will bounce around the lineup until they find a fit. Fortunately for him we lack top six wingers, but if he doesn't pick it up, i wouldn't be suprised to see him sent down, especially if Etem outperforms him.

I don't because he isn't comfortable at left wing. I can tell you how many times I saw him drift over to the right side in the first four games. He just isn't used to play there and I feel like playing on the right side is best for him and unfortunately that means he's knocked down all the way to the fourth line.

He's getting his chances and he's skating hard. The goals will start coming if he keeps working this hard. I definitely don't see him getting sent down. Smith-Pelly yes but Palmieri no way. He has nothing left to prove there and he has looked fine with the big club.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don't because he isn't comfortable at left wing. I can tell you how many times I saw him drift over to the right side in the first four games. He just isn't used to play there and I feel like playing on the right side is best for him and unfortunately that means he's knocked down all the way to the fourth line.

He's getting his chances and he's skating hard. The goals will start coming if he keeps working this hard. I definitely don't see him getting sent down. Smith-Pelly yes but Palmieri no way. He has nothing left to prove there and he has looked fine with the big club.

Yeah, I agree with this. Palmieri isn't in the least danger of being sent down at the moment.

DuckshaveaRPG

Mar 9, 2011
London
i think he could be a 50+ point player but more likely see him around the 40s i think right now he needs to find and establish a role for himself on this team cos right now he just seems to be a plug but it is his rookie year so give the kid time

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
So much Chris Kunitz in Kyle Palmieri.

He should pan out to be a gritty 55-60 point player who can click with many different players in many different roles.

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
Another great performance.

11:00 min average, i hope better time on ice very soon.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Teemu said couple years ago that Palmieri will be a very good player in this league. So no worries. I trust Teemu seeing the talent. Though this time he didn't use word superstar as he did with young Getz.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Teemu said couple years ago that Palmieri will be a very good player in this league. So no worries. I trust Teemu seeing the talent. Though this time he didn't use word superstar as he did with young Getz.

well to be fair i dont see palmieri's ceilling anywhere near getzlaf's.. we all know when getzlaf is beast mode he's literally a beast

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

If palmieri was an annual 20g 30a guy I'd be satisfied with the pick.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This. Why Beleskey keeps getting time on that unit is beyond me. There are 10 players I'd rather have on Getzlaf and Perry's wing on a powerplay.

Yeah. I'd rather have Etem, Palmieri, Ryan, Teemu, hell I'd even rather have Winnik and Cogiano on Perry/Getz LW on PP

Nikko*

Palmieri has a very strong shot and his release is one of the quickest on the team. Good to see him matured.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Palmieri has a very strong shot and his release is one of the quickest on the team. Good to see him matured.

What impresses me besides his amazing shot is his speed, I didn't realize how fast this kid can be. Hopefully he isn't injured long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad