Kyle Dubas will not be back as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I don’t by the fact that it’s Toronto or nothing, i think a president opportunity could sway things

Last edited:

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Exit PC, he said he wasn't going to be jumping into the fire with another team right away. He was going to take some time with his family. He was pretty candid how tough this year was on him. Regardless of whether you like the guy's work, he deserves to be happy doing it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Damn. He wasn't terrible by any means, but he couldn't get the job done, either. They gave him years to build a contender, and they never made it past the second round.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but it makes sense. Keefe needs to be fired, too. He seemed to have no clue what to do with all the new toys Dubas acquired at the deadline. Strange times ahead for Leafs fans.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Dubas was not the problem, he literally did everything possible to put a winning team in Toronto.

He built a great organization, losing him is a massive blow, no matter how they spin this.

This firing is 100% because of the players underdelivering

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Wow this is crazy news. I really thought he would be back with the team. I figured he'd be making some changes this year but I am really surprised he is gone.

I assume this was his decision? From what I heard, upper management decided to keep him after the Tampa series?

Maybe the issues he described in his post-season presser about his family having a tough time with it was just too much. Can't even blame him, Toronto can be vicious.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Surprising, though his tone on Monday indicated that something was going down.

He had his flaws, but I think he still made lots of good moves and he's still so young and learning the ropes. This is from an outsider perspective. He has a great future in front of him as an NHL executive.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
It's very rare to see someone accomplish so little while raking in so much public acclaim.

Whichever team this guy goes to will probably see about the same results as the Leafs while he embarrasses himself by picking fights with opposing fans in the home team's club section.

Huge W for the Leafs today, IMO. Pains me to see it.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Didn't he say he was considering stepping away fora bit but if he's a GM next year, it'll be with the Leafs so it's not like he's considering other opportunities?

Wonder who ultimately made the decision of him not being back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad