Kvalserien 2013

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
SSK played miserably last night. I hope they can play better than this, or they'll end up dead last. Going to see SSK-rögle. A must win for SSK.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone know when Jared Aulin and Patrick Yetman will comeback for Örebro ? Could really help them in this Kvalserien

Aulin is out indefinitely, I read something the other day he's home in Calgary. Yetman I have no idea, but seems like he could be out the remainder of the season too. Hasn't played since December.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
SSK played miserably last night. I hope they can play better than this, or they'll end up dead last. Going to see SSK-rögle. A must win for SSK.

They deserved a win today, too bad their forwards can't score.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
They deserved a win today, too bad their forwards can't score.

Yeah, really only one line there you feel can score. William makes a lot of plays but no finisher on that line. Djuse has been really bad in the first two games too.

Leksand on the other hand, if they can ride this for a few more games it might be enough. Forsberg is owning every shift.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Leksand couldn't even ride the wave for another two periods.. This series will be extremely tight.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Leksand outshooting SEL-team Rögle 19-2(!) after 12 minutes according to swehockey, they lead 2-0.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Great game by Leksand tonight defeating Timrå with 6-2. :handclap: :yo:
Very solid performances by Alsenfelt, Raffl, Forsberg and Blomqvist.

Its really great to see how particular Forsberg and Raffl have improved from last season.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wow Kvalserien looks over already, even after five games. Orebro and Leksand are on a different level.

Just further proves that the difference between bottom SEL teams and upper half of SEL2 is becoming negligible and an expansion is reasonable. Örebro finished 6th in SEL2.

That being said, it's not really over yet ;)

Jun 30, 2008
Sweden
That being said, it's not really over yet ;)

As someone with a bit of experience of that, I can definitely say that it is far from over just yet. I'm still hoping that Leksand will crash and burn, I'd much rather have... Just about any other team but them getting promoted.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Lol, I can understand that a supporter of a team like linköping is threatened by a much more established club like leksand.

Linköping draws the lowest attendance of all SEL teams on the road, so Leksand would definitely be more valuable to the league. :nod:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm rooting for Leksand actually. I mean, they can't always win Allsvenskan and fail in Kvalserien.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I'm definitely rooting for Leksand and Örebro (if they get rid of those ugly black helmets for next season). I would promote the top 4 teams.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Linköping draws the lowest attendance of all SEL teams on the road, so Leksand would definitely be more valuable to the league. :nod:

Which is quiet interesting, considering they finished 5th in that ranking last season. Could it be that they are a team which other team's fans go watch if there is a good chance of a win, and one which they avoid if a loss feels likely? Last season they didn't get much done on the road... and this season when they were the best road team they droped over 1 000 people in attendance.

If we are just looking at attendence and the value to the league Leksand would be more valuable than any of the current SEL teams except maybe Brynäs. ;)

Btw... will spring actually come this year if Leksand doesn't fail in Kvalserien? ;)

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
Must say Im really suprised about Orebro.

With their two best forwards (Yetman and Aulin) injured, a mediocre defence Motin, Iliakis, Skalberg etc) and two okayish goalies I didnt think they would be doing so well.

What is the key to the success they are having in the kvalseria? Was it the fact the Orebro had to keep playing games while the others was resting that have made them a bit more... dunno.. energized? Think Rogle was in same situation last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad