Kuznetsov on the 4th line?

InsideOut*

Im not a Caps fan but I have a question for you guys. From what Ive read and heard, Kuznetsov will start the season on the fourth line..is that true? And if so what do you guys think of that decision?

I heard he didnt have a great camp but why not give him an opportunity to prove himself when it matters more or something? I mean he did pretty good last year from what I remember..

i cant copy the link i read but it was on RussianMachineNeverBreaks' website.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Im not a Caps fan but I have a question for you guys. From what Ive read and heard, Kuznetsov will start the season on the fourth line..is that true? And if so what do you guys think of that decision?

I heard he didnt have a great camp but why not give him an opportunity to prove himself when it matters more or something? I mean he did pretty good last year from what I remember..

Honestly I don't have a problem with that. Being a "leader" of that line may help him develop some assertivenss and toughness. Plus we get some skill on that line. I actually had a bigger problem with Wilson being on the 4th line last season because he was a guy who needed to think less like a goon and more about fulfilling his potential as a power forward.

Burakovsky95*

I had the exact same thought as you. Why not challenge him at first and if he continues to show poorly then start moving him down the lineup. I think it's obvious he won't last on the 4th line but we do have a logjam on the wing even without Wilson healthy.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
It's a long season. I have no doubt Kuznetsov will get his opportunities playing higher up the lineup.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If he does start on the 4th line, it will be a matter of 5-10 games before he gets promoted to the 2nd line. I hope Trotz doesn't put f***ing MoJo on the 2nd line instead of Kuzya.

In the long run, I think Kuzya will outperform Burakovsky.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think it's a perfect spot for him with minimal pressure. Play him in spot duty, then occasionally double shift him around until he's ready for fulltime top-6 duty.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I think it's a perfect spot for him with minimal pressure. Play him in spot duty, then occasionally double shift him around until he's ready for fulltime top-6 duty.
This is my thought too. I think if the plan was to keep him at wing, he'd be in Mojo's spot in the top 6. The 4th line thing is about easing him in at the center position.

My prediction is that his promotion to the top-6, Wilson's return, and a Burakovsky demotion to Hershey will happen very closely together.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Bura looks more like an NHL player to me than Wilson did last year by a wide margin. Maybe Willy has matured over the summer.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Was only the last preseason game but I liked seeing Kuz playing with some physical bottom six players who can muck it up on the boards and cause a little havok which opens up room for him. He's top 6 depth also if someone goes down.

ilovealistair

Apr 14, 2014
didnt he used to be LW and is now being trained for Center? Its like above said, ease him in. No team is without injuries, he'll play 3rd and 2nd lines soon enough.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
He is too good for playing in a 4th line, I think he will be traded in 1-2 years if he do not get a bigger role. There are a lots of team that would need him. And having Ovechkin, Backstrom , Burakovsky and Kuznetsov is perhaps to expensive? There are a lot of teams this season where he would be the big star.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
He is too good for playing in a 4th line, I think he will be traded in 1-2 years if he do not get a bigger role. There are a lots of team that would need him. And having Ovechkin, Backstrom , Burakovsky and Kuznetsov is perhaps to expensive? There are a lot of teams this season where he would be the big star.
Can't tell if you are being serious or not.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Crazy town has arrived. There's nothing wrong at all with Kuz playing on the 4th getting his feet wet again at C. Unless you want to jam him in at winger, who are you displacing, Burakovsky at 2C? Not happening right now that's for sure.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
He still makes plays and gets assists as a 4th liner, and he plays the 2nd PP for 40-50 second shifts. I'm not worried.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
I would not mind seeing him getting a few games at 2C down the stretch to help keep Bura fresh. I think it would good for both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I would not mind seeing him getting a few games at 2C down the stretch to help keep Bura fresh. I think it would good for both of them.

Through 4 games Burakovsky is averaging 13:59 per game, good for 9th amongst forwards. Whether or not that stays that way I don't know but if it does that is not a load that should lead to him wearing down IMO.

I'd like then to find Kuznetsov some more ice time also but outside of injuries I'm not sure where it is going to come from at this point...

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
I think once Kuznetsov gets going and/or if Burakovsky hits a wall, they'll have no issues putting Kuznetsov higher in the lineup

Wouldn't mind seeing Kuznetsov as the 2C and Burakovsky as the 3C by the end of the season (hopefully he gets better on face-offs)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad