Kuznetsov and Orlov going to Worlds (2017) No Ovechkin (injured)

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
I hope Ovechkin uses this time to get ready for the next season. Lose some weight, gain some muscle in the gym and work on his acceleration and speed.

A 10M pylon is too much for this team to overcome given how tight the cap situation is in the NHL.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Something to be really proud of. This thread might as well spit in the faces of Capitals fans. I hate this losers tournament for what it signifies. I used to kind of like to follow it, but now the negative connotations are too much...it's really made me hate it with a passion.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
Something to be really proud of. This thread might as well spit in the faces of Capitals fans. I hate this losers tournament for what it signifies. I used to kind of like to follow it, but now the negative connotations are too much...it's really made me hate it with a passion.

I have the same feeling. It's because we are losing. :(

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'd wager to say all the players playing, coaches coaching, and fans attending all give a ****.

Obviously. Not my point, of course. How many Caps fans care? Other than diehard international fans or hardcore fans of the individual players? Hardly anyone, I bet.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
I know this isn't what Caps fans want, but Bäckis seem to have a lot of fun playing, he looks happy. The circle has been completed, he won a WHC gold as a rookie with Micke Nylander, now he's playing on the same line as a rookie Nylander who he once babysatt and used to play table tennis and knee hockey with. They have some insane chemistry. They sit beside each other in the dressing room and play cards in their down time - and apparently table tennis like in days of yore.

https://novacapsfans.com/2017/05/20/the-nicklas-backstrom-and-william-nylander-bromance-is-a-breath-of-fresh-air/

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I know this isn't what Caps fans want, but Bäckis seem to have a lot of fun playing, he looks happy. The circle has been completed, he won a WHC gold as a rookie with Micke Nylander, now he's playing on the same line as a rookie Nylander who he once babysatt and used to play table tennis and knee hockey with. They have some insane chemistry. They sit beside each other in the dressing room and play cards in their down time - and apparently table tennis like in days of yore.

https://novacapsfans.com/2017/05/20/the-nicklas-backstrom-and-william-nylander-bromance-is-a-breath-of-fresh-air/

I don't understand the point of your post. It seems you're suggesting he's not happy playing for the Capitals?

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
I don't understand the point of your post. It seems you're suggesting he's not happy playing for the Capitals?

Of course he does, he loves the Caps. It's just after the crushing disappointment it's great to see him have fun and hopefully he ends the season on a high note. He's mentioned how disappointed he was after the Olympic fiasco and this will make it up for it somewhat. And finding chemistry with Willy and their shared history has just seemed to rejuvenate him. He looked so grim and tired at the end of the playoffs. He's usually incredible boring and bland in interviews but, probably because this time they're in Swedish, he laughs and jokes. Usually it's Ovi who goes off to the Worlds and for some reason this time Bäckis did. Really hope Sweden wins against Canada today.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Of course he does, he loves the Caps. It's just after the crushing disappointment it's great to see him have fun and hopefully he ends the season on a high note. He's mentioned how disappointed he was after the Olympic fiasco and this will make it up for it somewhat. And finding chemistry with Willy and their shared history has just seemed to rejuvenate him. He looked so grim and tired at the end of the playoffs. He's usually incredible boring and bland in interviews but, probably because this time they're in Swedish, he laughs and jokes. Usually it's Ovi who goes off to the Worlds and for some reason this time Bäckis did. Really hope Sweden wins against Canada today.

You said:

"I know this isn't what Caps fans want, but Bäckis seem to have a lot of fun playing, he looks happy."

Why would we not want that? It implies he was not having fun before, as a Capital, since we're supposedly not going to like hearing it. If you just meant we wouldn't like him being happy after losing in the playoffs I would disagree with that anyway. Sorry if I misunderstood but that's now how it came across to me and it seems like a strange thing to say.

Bloomfield*

Feb 15, 2017
You said:

"I know this isn't what Caps fans want, but Bäckis seem to have a lot of fun playing, he looks happy."

Why would we not want that? It implies he was not having fun before, as a Capital, since we're supposedly not going to like hearing it. If you just meant we wouldn't like him being happy after losing in the playoffs I would disagree with that anyway. Sorry if I misunderstood but that's now how it came across to me and it seems like a strange thing to say.

because you said earlier in this thread that you dont give a f about backstrom and worlds.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
You said:

Yeah, sorry if it came across weirdly. But as Bloomfield noted you said earlier that no one cares about the Worlds and implied that neither should the Caps players. And Ovi for example has been criticized previous years by Caps fans for going to the Worlds as soon as the playoffs were over.

I was really rooting for the Caps to finally win it all, god they deserve it. But I am glad that Bäckis actually has fun instead of the grim and exhausted guy we saw at the end of the playoffs. And a large part seem to be William Nylander and the way they just seem to 'click' off and off the ice. Micke Nylander even joked that he raised both of them. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad