Kuzmenko's hat-trick

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Hes extremely talented. Some of the goals hes scored are just beautiful BUT the moment the team transitioned to playing a structured responsible game he completely fell off the wagon. He wouldnt get in position, wouldnt support the D, wouldnt backcheck, and wasnt scoring either despite the team around him being the highest scoring team in the league at the time.

I wish him all the best, and if he ever gets a bit more focused and mature he could be a legitimate star in this league. But he wasnt the right type of guy to have in Vancouver anymore. Honestly hope he scores like 50 next year and puts it together though, great kid.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Flames fans comparing Kuzmenko to McDavid and Draisaitl..tough times in Cowtown
But I’m all for them winning meaningless games keeping them further from the lottery
Flames will still draft top 10 and in all likely hood that pick will be better than what Edmonton has left 3 seasons from now :D

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Kuzmenko was always going to score goals, it's just obvious he was never going to be a 2 way guy like toch needs in his system, it will work out for Calgary since they can retain and trade him at the TDL for a 2nd+ with retention to a team needing offense.

As for the Canucks losing this trade we will have to see what Lindholm does in the playoffs, it also seems like luck played a role as Lindholm got injured quite quickly on his arrival to Vancouver so it's difficult to truly judge this trade. Although in hindsight you probably wait and use those assets to get Guentzal from Pittsburgh.

Reactions: wetcoast

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Still a -10 player. Just didn't fit the system and looked lost most of the time. At some point, points don't really matter if you can't play a full 60 and team game.

For the people saying Tocchet’s system is destroying talent and creativity, Quinn Hughes and JT Miller are having career offensive years.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
That’s what McDavid and Drai have done most of their career so far. Don’t their points have some value?
Worked pretty well when we shit on your cup hopes 4-1 and made your team implode into the garbage it is now

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
A hat trick is a hat trick, but I didn’t see any amazing plays here that should make a Vancouver fan go bury their head in the sand. Pushed the goalie into the net on the first, took a good shot that trickled through the goalie on the second and cleaned up a rebound into a mostly empty net with no one near him for the third. Congrats to the player but things clearly went his way tonight. Kadri’s goal was a beaut.

I’m not a fan of either team and from time to time peak into the trade thread to watch the toxic vitriol be thrown around….thats a fascinating thread. I just don’t think this hat trick carries the weight that the anti Canuck crowd desires.

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
OP has like 60% of his posts about Kuzmenko.

There isn't a Vancouver fan who doesn't wish Kuz well, but him scoring empty calorie goals against shit teams for a hopeless team doesn't mean anything. He did it 12 months ago too.

He has some sublime skills, but he couldn't/wouldn't figure out how to be a reliable player for our team once we started playing winning hockey.

Him scoring a hattrick against an intentionally terrible team doesn't change that.

I hope, and think, that Kuzmenko will figure it out and become the sort of player who can be an asset to a good team. But right now this is like dunking on a team for losing Tyler Arnason. Oh Noez, 50 points on a bad team against worse teams? What will we do without that?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
OP has like 60% of his posts about Kuzmenko.

There isn't a Vancouver fan who doesn't wish Kuz well, but him scoring empty calorie goals against shit teams for a hopeless team doesn't mean anything. He did it 12 months ago too.

He has some sublime skills, but he couldn't/wouldn't figure out how to be a reliable player for our team once we started playing winning hockey.

Him scoring a hattrick against an intentionally terrible team doesn't change that.

I hope, and think, that Kuzmenko will figure it out and become the sort of player who can be an asset to a good team. But right now this is like dunking on a team for losing Tyler Arnason. Oh Noez, 50 points on a bad team against worse teams? What will we do without that?

Yeah, and those shit teams are the ones Vancouver has played half of its games vs this season. That's probably why it's so high and not because it's a good team... Kuzmenko didn't score a lot of points vs "shit teams" on Vancouver.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Only 1 of the 13 goals as a flame has been against playoff teams. He's been feasting on bad teams in garbage time.
Thats actually more valuable than you think considering the Flames have a shit record against bad teams. Would have certainly helped when they were still within a PO spot.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
A hat trick is a hat trick, but I didn’t see any amazing plays here that should make a Vancouver fan go bury their head in the sand. Pushed the goalie into the net on the first, took a good shot that trickled through the goalie on the second and cleaned up a rebound into a mostly empty net with no one near him for the third. Congrats to the player but things clearly went his way tonight. Kadri’s goal was a beaut.

I’m not a fan of either team and from time to time peak into the trade thread to watch the toxic vitriol be thrown around….thats a fascinating thread. I just don’t think this hat trick carries the weight that the anti Canuck crowd desires.

The OP is just a Canucks hater, they aren't even a Flames fan supposedly. They either don't understand how teams evaluate players at all or are pretending not to just to dunk on the Canucks for making a trade that most teams in the league would make.

Reactions: bleedgreen

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It's weird that he isn't as bad as Vancouver management and some fans thought...

1713022172356.gif

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Nah, look at the trade, they traded tons of assets to get rid of him and his contract, and the team's play hasn't improved much since the trade if improved at all.
You suggest this as if Lindholm had no value. Tonnes of assets - the conditional 4th and Jurmo are meaningless. Brzustewicz was rumoured to not want to sign here, and face it, he is was a long shot to be anything more than your very average second pairing defenseman.

Lindholm was one of the best players available leading up to the deadline, most players in this territory usually got a 1st, prospect and a roster player. To balance salary, they HAD to move salary out and that was Kuzmenko.

At the time, I was excited about this trade. Looking back, it was a bad trade.

Unfortunately, Kuzmenko was a square peg trying to fit into a round hole here and that basically killed his value - not that he was a bad player. Everyone here knew how good of a hockey player he is and can be. It just didn't work here. He does better in a system where he can be told to just play hockey.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Yeah, and those shit teams are the ones Vancouver has played half of its games vs this season. That's probably why it's so high and not because it's a good team... Kuzmenko didn't score a lot of points vs "shit teams" on Vancouver.
Bro Kuzmenko didn't score a lot of points vs ANY teams in Vancouver this season.

If he was filling the net maybe they would have overlooked his unwillingness to forecheck and incompetence in the Defensive zone, but he wasn't. He was doing literally nothing but costing the team.

Reactions: geebster

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
It's weird that he isn't as bad as Vancouver management and some fans thought...
He wasn't bad. We never thought he was bad. He lost his mojo and a change was needed.

I was sad to see him go. He's a very likable guy.

As a Canuck fan, horrible trade especially lindholm probably will be leaving. This trade might become the worst in canucks history. With 2 d prospects and 1st rounder to go with it. Watch him scores 40-50 goals consistently

Holy hell 'n' hyperbole, Beaman!

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Fun player to watch during dead time, even if it's costing the Flames the chance to drop to 5th.

But no way he should be re-signed longterm. If they flip him for a 2nd or even a 3rd next deadline, that's good enough.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
pretty salty in here for a cap dump

Fun player to watch during dead time, even if it's costing the Flames the chance to drop to 5th.

But no way he should be re-signed longterm. If they flip him for a 2nd or even a 3rd next deadline, that's good enough.

God yeah, a 3rd round pick is soooo much better than a guy who scores 0.4 goals per game.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
pretty salty in here for a cap dump

Most Canucks fans I see aren't salty about the trade, it's about the narrative that the Canucks gave away a good player when everyone was telling Canucks fans they were stupid for thinking he had any skill and the team would have to pay a 1st to get rid of him for one year.

All Canucks fans knew the team was selling low on him but he didn't play Tocchet's system so there was no chance he'd be doing this well in Vancouver.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That 5.5m in cap space is going to be very valuable for the Canucks next year. Think of all the players that they can sign and put on the trading block 6 weeks into the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad