Kuzmenko's hat-trick

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Is it time for a whole new fanbase to fall for Kuzmenko shooting at 26%?

Hes shooting 26% because he’s almost single handedly elevated a powerplay that has been bottom-3 for two years into 24% efficiency.

16.14 GF/60 on the man advantage.

xGF/60 is still 11.11.

Maybe the guy who scored 39 goals last year is actually really good.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Nah, like Lindholm.

Pettersson was already signed a contract extention that used pretty much all of the Kuzmenko money after factoring a replacement player. I doubt the Canucks re-sign Lindholm unless it's cheap.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Hes shooting 26% because he’s almost single handedly elevated a powerplay that has been bottom-3 for two years into 24% efficiency.

16.14 GF/60 on the man advantage.

xGF/60 is still 11.11.

Maybe the guy who scored 39 goals last year is actually really good.
Aww yeah it's started again. Also if 16.14 xGoals is 26% efficiency, that means 11 goals is about 19%, or below average.

Last edited:

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I don’t know what point you’re trying to make, but you’re using those numbers wrong.
The point is once again, short term ridiculous production over chance generation has fans convinced of something that isn't true.

I did mix up the order.

16.14 goals leading to 26%.
But in terms of actual chance generation, it lags completely behind.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
What are you, 12?

Is Cam Neely a joke to you?

There's so many people who's knowledge of the Canucks starts in 2011, and the team has made way worse trades. OEL, Gudbranson, Forsling, for some easy ones.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Yeah, and those shit teams are the ones Vancouver has played half of its games vs this season. That's probably why it's so high and not because it's a good team... Kuzmenko didn't score a lot of points vs "shit teams" on Vancouver.
Wait, what? I literally can't discern what you mean?

Also, he scored tons against shit teams when we were irrelevant and playing out the string last year too.

But again, I'm not shitting on Kuzmenko, I like Kuzmenko. But moving him wasn't a bad move for us by any metric.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Wait, what? I literally can't discern what you mean?

Also, he scored tons against shit teams when we were irrelevant and playing out the string last year too.

But again, I'm not shitting on Kuzmenko, I like Kuzmenko. But moving him wasn't a bad move for us by any metric.

Given he started to score points since the begining of the season last year, do you mean Vancouver was irrelevant from day 1?

And "shity teams" are San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona. Now look at the group Vancouver is in... oh, well, it's San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona...

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Given he started to score points since the begining of the season last yeah, do you mean Vancouver was irrelevant from day 1?

And "shity teams" are San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona. Now look at the group Vancouver is in... oh, well, it's San Jose, Anaheim, Arizona...
Last year we were a team with less than zero structure, no goaltending, and bad coaching until Tocchet came in.

Kuzmenko is a wonderful pond hockey player, nobody denies that.

And to the second point, I again don't get it. I thought you meant the same division for a second but Arizona isn't in our division.

We're literally like 40 points above the best team in that list and 60 above the worst so I'm not sure what you're saying.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Last year we were a team with less than zero structure, no goaltending, and bad coaching until Tocchet came in.

Kuzmenko is a wonderful pond hockey player, nobody denies that.

And to the second point, I again don't get it. I thought you meant the same division for a second but Arizona isn't in our division.

We're literally like 40 points above the best team in that list and 60 above the worst so I'm not sure what you're saying.

Last year it was the same team that won tons of games in the second part of the season before that. And the team had the same goalie who looked so great this season. So does it mean if Demko sucks again next season, Vancouver will become irrelevant again?

Yeah, my bad, Arizona is from different group, but two of the worst teams are still in Vancouver's division. And then teams like Calgary and Seattle, which aren't great either. And then the conference where teams like Arizona and Chicago play. It's a lot of games vs "shity teams".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad