Player Discussion Kurtis Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him!

What's the scouting report on this kid?

Seemingly solid defensively. Willing to get punched in the face/punch others in the face.

His ceiling is Mike Rupp, in all likely hood a career AHLer.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Seemingly solid defensively. Willing to get punched in the face/punch others in the face.

His ceiling is Mike Rupp, in all likely hood a career AHLer.

It's gotta be a little higher than Rupp, don't you think? Matt Kassian, maybe?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm reserving judgment until he either sees NHL or never does. Honestly, you could have worse hauls in the 3rd round than a 8-10 minute, 8-10 point tough guy, so if he can somehow become that in the NHL, you'll hear no *****ing from me.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's gotta be a little higher than Rupp, don't you think? Matt Kassian, maybe?

Mike Rupp in his prime was a useful hockey player. That Mike Rupp is likely his ceiling.

Not the Mike Rupp that doesn't have his legs and suits up for the Wild once every 3 weeks.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Mike Rupp in his prime was a useful hockey player. That Mike Rupp is likely his ceiling.

Not the Mike Rupp that doesn't have his legs and suits up for the Wild once every 3 weeks.

What about a Bryan Bickell?

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If he becomes an NHL'er, even a 4th liner who can skate and make us a "bigger/tougher" team, i'll be happy and overlook some of the other talent we could have drafted.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
What about a Bryan Bickell?

I'd be shocked if he ever developed that much offense. Bickell was well over a PPG in his 19/20 year(83 points). Gabreal is well under in his 20/21 year, and will be lucky to hit 55 points.

Parker1

Jul 2, 2013
Congratulations to the Wild on signing Kurtis Gabriel. I chimed in when you drafted this young man and told you about his heart and character. This young man will do everything that it takes to improve and succeed, trust me on this. Gabe is his own worst critic, which I believe drives him harder and he does not know the meaning of the word "fail". I cannot say enough about Gabe and his dedication to the game - this will prove to be immensely positive for Minnesota. Folks, I'm not trying to sway your opinion - I'll let Gabe do that himself...he'll win you over.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Congratulations to the Wild on signing Kurtis Gabriel. I chimed in when you drafted this young man and told you about his heart and character. This young man will do everything that it takes to improve and succeed, trust me on this. Gabe is his own worst critic, which I believe drives him harder and he does not know the meaning of the word "fail". I cannot say enough about Gabe and his dedication to the game - this will prove to be immensely positive for Minnesota. Folks, I'm not trying to sway your opinion - I'll let Gabe do that himself...he'll win you over.

Looking forward to it. :handclap:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
you guys will see. he'll push for a spot next camp.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I remember when everyone was pissed about the Brodin pick and at least one post predicted he'll never play in the NHL.

Yeah I'm gonna reserve judgement on him until I actually see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad