Confirmed with Link: Kurashev arbitration comes in (2 x $2.25M)

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The knock against him coming out of the draft was that he was lazy (and the Q bias)

The talent was never in question, he had two really good WJC for Switzerland. But now he’s putting in the effort night in and out and it seems like his body can handle it.

So good for him, it seems like he’ll be sticking with Bedard since it doesn’t seem like anyone else is able to play with him on the team.
Lazy? Really? I don't remember that and watching him play I never saw lazy even when he was just existing out there.

Not saying you're wrong I just don't remember that.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He was always a really good forechecker and strong on his skates, even in his draft year. I don't remember him being lazy. His dads a high level coach. Those kids are almost never lazy.

I never watch a ton of the Q so maybe I'm forgetting.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I was at the Buffalo game and he was driving play and buzzing around---with a purpose. Most noticeable Hawk on the ice, IMO.

Reactions: Muffinalt

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
This was the player/contract I was hoping to have some gamble on and we would have gotten some term....like 5 or 6 years at the 2.25 or even 2.5/2.75 per in the hopes that the back end of the contract became a bargain (and worst case he is a dud and after the cap rises not much of a hinderance). Instead we ended up toward the high end of the spectrum (based on what his actual production should have warranted) on a short term deal which with the way he seems to be performing (especially if he gets time with Bedard) means a fairly big jump in a couple years to keep him.....just ugh. Maybe we can get creative with Vlassic and turn a longer term deal on a young player turn into a bargain. Trick in the cap world is to get a couple significant pieces locked in on a bargain which you generally can't do unless you take a bit of a gamble before they breakout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad