Confirmed with Link: Kunin and #101 for Bonino, #37 and #70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Rage aside, can anyone come up with a reason that Guerin would want to shed an RFA for a guy with a year left on his deal? In terms of contracts, Seattle protection, etc?

Bonino expires after the season. Kunin not being here frees up a little bit of space for the 2021-22 season? That's all I have, plus the idea that Brackett has a couple guys in the first 10 picks that he covets. I'm probably reaching though.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't like it from a gut level.

But BG is trying to build the best team he can for this season, and this deal does make all the sense in the world with pretty fair value.

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Wow... that's certainly a trade.

I'm not sure I understand this move, at all. We must really like the next two rounds of prospects. Kunin was a decent middle 6 player who was improving consistently. Now we've got a worse version that is older and a couple of chances at a maybe-Luke-Kunin. Just weird.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
We have crap Centers, and we can't protect Kunin in expansion, and we can replace Kunin with Wingers already on the team in the short term.
That's about what I've got too, but it still doesn't really add up for me. If taking Rossi cemented a 4+4 protection plan they'd have Kunin exposed... but also Greenway, Soucy, etc. The plan can't be to just trade all of those guys off, can it?

And I like Bonino, but he doesn't really solve anything for us next year.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
That's about what I've got too, but it still doesn't really add up for me. If taking Rossi cemented a 4+4 protection plan they'd have Kunin exposed... but also Greenway, Soucy, etc. The plan can't be to just trade all of those guys off, can it?

I'm betting Greenway doesn't end the day as a Wild player either. Bjugstad and Johanson aren't here to play C. They are here to replace them two.

Soucy will be the cost of doing business and hopefully enjoy Seatle.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

If he pushes Eriksson Ek up into an opportunity to develop more offense, then it might solve a little something, at least to me.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm betting Greenway doesn't end the day as a Wild player either. Bjugstad and Johanson aren't here to play C. They are here to replace them two.

Soucy will be the cost of doing business and hopefully enjoy Seatle.
Man... if true it's pretty ballsy. Guess we'll see.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota

If the wild keep Bonino he helps mentor Rossi otherwise who else is going to mentor the young kid? Kunin never really seemed to take the next step and most likely would have been selected in the upcoming ED and we would have received nothing.

Reactions: 57special

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If the wild keep Bonino he helps mentor Rossi otherwise who else is going to mentor the young kid? Kunin never really seemed to take the next step and most likely would have been selected in the upcoming ED and we would have received nothing.
A mentor is fine but we can't be making trades like this around that sort of thing.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

He went from a 10+18 21 year old to a 20+21 22 year old. That's not a step?

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Kunin been a disappointment since he’s been here. Not surprised he was moved before he craters whatever value he had left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad