Confirmed with Link: Kulikov to Pens: McGinn, 3rd to ANA

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He is a vet who will play with some physicality as needed. Not the banger I wanted but he is depth. Hextall is not the GM for all in here. Most of his moves were shown to be bad and Sully didn't help with his decision making. Both need to go but FSG is not exactly visible as to ownership.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Everyone thinking this means Ruhwedel doesn't see the ice forgets that this likely means POJ sits.

Glad to be out from McGinn's contract, though.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Ruhwedel is definitely stapled to the press box after this move, but it remains to be seen if Kulikov plays over POJ or not.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't. It would be so opposite of Sullivan's lineup decisions if POJ keeps his spot and Kulikov is the 7th until injuries hit.

Reactions: Andy99

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I mean I find it comical. So we can mock Hextall for his ties to Carter and Friedman. But apparently Sullivan isn't on the hook for his ties to ex Pens that pre-date the GM.

Who are you lot kidding, the power hierarchy on the Pens is Burke, Sullivan, then Hextall.

I'm happy to see Hextall remove these term deals. To be out of the Kap and McGinn deals since they were not working out is good. JR would have added firsts and top prospects to dump both. Also getting something for Blue now rather than later is what I hoped for. Dumo I would bet this team is Re-signing because the "core leadership" And Sully want him here.

Should be a fun first round for us and then a summer to speculate.
Hex moved both without taking salary back next season. That can’t be understated.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'll admit that Kulikov was a guy I wanted way back in the day, circa 2014-15...in his Flordia days. Nice to say we got him though.

Just wish this was 2016...not 2023.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Joseph’s averaging under 15 minutes the last handful of games, Kulikov I think is immediately above him on the depth chart. He’s played 20 in Anaheim because they suck, but is probably like a 17-18 minute guy here.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Kulikov will be a nice player here. If he is maybe they can keep him for 1.5-2M and let Dumo walk.

Yeah I love the look of a Kulikov-Rutta 3rd pair. It seems like it's built for playoff success defensively and Kulikov has some underrated puck moving talents that should help that pair.

The only issue with that is that it pushes POJ out of the lineup to run with that.

Reactions: Giskard

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hex moved both without taking salary back next season. That can’t be understated.
Yeah it means this summer there will be a lot of movement. After the impending first round exit I'm sure Hextall is going to want some cap space to possibly do the most bland thing possible so we can all bitch about the signings and how Sullivan misuses them.

It's the Penguins way.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah it means this summer there will be a lot of movement. After the impending first round exit I'm sure Hextall is going to want some cap space to possibly do the most bland thing possible so we can all bitch about the signings and how Sullivan misuses them.

It's the Penguins way.
I'd love a new fiery GM to take over with this space.

My ideal scenario, which would take some cahonies is to get a Guentzel flip done. Bring in some different style of players and revamp the soft, slow aspect built up here.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Yeah I love the look of a Kulikov-Rutta 3rd pair. It seems like it's built for playoff success defensively and Kulikov has some underrated puck moving talents that should help that pair.

The only issue with that is that it pushes POJ out of the lineup to run with that.

At some point we are stunting the growth and the perception of one of the few talented prospects this organization has.

POJ needs an honest crack at playing in the NHL playoffs. He's kinda earned it this year too.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad