Kulikov signed for 2 years

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Bob Mckenzie is reporting it, its pretty much a done deal. Im not happy its only 2 years though. I think Kulikov maybe only wanted 2years to see if Florida can make the playoffs both years, if not he will probably re-sign somewhere else. Anyways, its great news as this team needs him ready ASAP. Re-signing Kuli and Guddy in 2 years will suuuuuucccckkkkk big time with both of them requesting $4-6 million each depending on their stats.

Not to pop another dredded re-signing question but what do you think Markstrom will want next year to re-sign?

I feel if Tallon is committed to Markstrom, Tallon being very logical will offer him

5yr-$23.5 million = $4.7/yr

or

6yr-$28.5million = $4.75/yr

I don't see Tallon offering him only 2-3 years otherwise he would be trading Markstrom for Luongo right now.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It seems Subban and O'Reilly won't get signed before Saturday's opener...

Can you ask your mother the lottery numbers if she predicted Subban and O'Reilly situations too ?

Thanks in advance.
All I'm saying is, anyone with a little knowledge about how the NHL's RFA stuff works could have plain guessed that. He threw some **** on the wall, and some of it sticked.

There's a reason why he/she isn't a creditable source on this site.

Not to pop another dredded re-signing question but what do you think Markstrom will want next year to re-sign?

I feel if Tallon is committed to Markstrom, Tallon being very logical will offer him

or

I don't see Tallon offering him only 2-3 years otherwise he would be trading Markstrom for Luongo right now.
This is the stupidest idea I've heard in a while around here lmao. 8 NHL games doesn't warrant almost 5 million per season.

Unless Paul Holmgren has somehow taken Dale's place and form.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
If Bob Mckenzie is reporting it, its pretty much a done deal. Im not happy its only 2 years though. I think Kulikov maybe only wanted 2years to see if Florida can make the playoffs both years, if not he will probably re-sign somewhere else. Anyways, its great news as this team needs him ready ASAP. Re-signing Kuli and Guddy in 2 years will suuuuuucccckkkkk big time with both of them requesting $4-6 million each depending on their stats.

or

lol whhaaaaaaaat?

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

or

They are both 22 Kuli with 3 years of service an Marky with 2. After his 2 year deal Kulikov will still be a RFA we can match anything he gets. Same with markstrom. So signing them to short deals to let them prove themselvess then giving them a long term contract is exactly what Tallon should be doing. I don't ever want another Olesz.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This was the perfect end to a day at work when I heard the news. Two years might be a bit less than I wanted as I was hoping for three or four. I figure at least we'll get to see more of what he's capable of in this short season before possibly re-signing him in the offseason.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Great news. Will Kuli still be an RFA at the end of the term, or will he be a UFA by then? I'm not familiar with the rule.

Panthers are Red

Why so sad?
Jun 27, 2011
By my computer
Good to see he has signed. I think it works pretty well for both sides that he has signed a two year contract, as he will still be a RFA when his contract ends and he has a chance to prove himself and try to earn big bucks in a shorter time.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Hey guys, I also wrote on HF maybe a couple of hours ago that 'they'd be close soon.'

It wasn't hard to speculate that. I'm not an insider.

Richards is an insider. Fialkov is an insider. HockeyInsider is ************* is Eklund is enough of this already. Good speculation =/= trustworthy source!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
All I'm saying is, anyone with a little knowledge about how the NHL's RFA stuff works could have plain guessed that. He threw some **** on the wall, and some of it sticked.

There's a reason why he/she isn't a creditable source on this site.

This is the stupidest idea I've heard in a while around here lmao. 8 NHL games doesn't warrant almost 5 million per season.

Unless Paul Holmgren has somehow taken Dale's place and form.

Im just considering what the options may be for Markstrom?? His entry level was $1.3million so what will Markstrom ask for?? I don't see Tallon only signing him 2-3 years. $4-4.5 million is not out of the question for this kid, he is suppose to be the FRANCHISE goalie that Luongo was years ago. I dont see Markstrom signing for less than $4million a season.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Im just considering what the options may be for Markstrom?? His entry level was $1.3million so what will Markstrom ask for?? I don't see Tallon only signing him 2-3 years. $4-4.5 million is not out of the question for this kid, he is suppose to be the FRANCHISE goalie that Luongo was years ago. I dont see Markstrom signing for less than $4million a season.

He has never played a full NHL season no way he gets $4-4.5 million.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Welcome!!!!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Markstrom would want a one or two year deal to prove what he can do so he can sign a longer term deal after that. He's not going to get anywhere near 4 million. Zero percent chance he gets that. He'll probably get a two year deal for 1.5 and 1.75 mill a season. He hasn't played at the NHL level for more than a handful of games. Welcome to the boards.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the Welcome!! As i review it, the lower salary cap next year, i realize $4 million is high but i just dont see $2 million being enough for Markstrom?? What does Dale do end of next year when:

Theodore is a free agent
Clemmensen has 1 yr left
Markstrom is a RFA

I doubt we keep all 3 and have Markstrom play the least amount of games between the 3 of them. I'm just excited hockey is back.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Thanks for the Welcome!! As i review it, the lower salary cap next year, i realize $4 million is high but i just dont see $2 million being enough for Markstrom?? What does Dale do end of next year when:

Theodore is a free agent
Clemmensen has 1 yr left
Markstrom is a RFA

I doubt we keep all 3 and have Markstrom play the least amount of games between the 3 of them. I'm just excited hockey is back.
Theo leaves. Clemmer is backup to Markstrom. 2 mill is too much.

Evergreen

Safe to say Kulikov will be getting more PP time with Garrison gone? If so, he could see his point totals climb pretty dramatically.

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Campbell - Kulikov

???

Btw, glad you guys got him locked up, but I was really hoping the Flyers would somehow snag him.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Safe to say Kulikov will be getting more PP time with Garrison gone? If so, he could see his point totals climb pretty dramatically.

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Campbell - Kulikov

???

Btw, glad you guys got him locked up, but I was really hoping the Flyers would somehow snag him.

Mueller is playing on the point with Campbell. Kuli will most likely be on the point on the 2nd unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad