Kulikov signed for 2 years

CoolburnIsGone

Does he become a UFA after this or what?
No it only gives him 5 yrs of NHL service so he'll still be a RFA. Bad news is that we'll have to re-sign him and Gudbranson that offseason. Good news is that Kuba & Weaver come off the books that summer too.

Still wanna hear it from GR before its official...cant quite trust Harvey with stuff yet.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
disagree. the news looks bleak right now, but actions speak louder than words. kulikov leaving his team in lokomotiv leads me to believe he's told his agent to get something done soon.

he could sign on saturday morning and be in the lineup at night, he doesn't need training camp...he's been playing this entire time overseas. so from his perspective, they know they can wait as long humanly possible before opening night to sign. but his leaving lokomotiv tells me he's ready to play. and it's probably a good negotiating tactic considering the panthers need of healthy bodies on the blueline right now.

posted that last night/this morning at 5AM. maybe i'm the true insider here since Great8Cam was insinuating Kulikov would be traded ;)

great news - love Kuli. hopefully the short-term deal gives him incentive to prove himself further and take that next step as a player, and then we lock him up long term when this contract is done.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Intrigue and back and forth :)

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 10m
Word out of FLA is still work to be done before Kulikov's new contract is finalized. Not likely to be on 23-man roster submitted tomorrow.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 9m
Things far enough along between Kulikov/Panthers for him to leave RUS but FLA wants full medical before any deal. Closing in but not "done."

Then...

Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov 2m
@TSNBobMcKenzie Kuli is in States already and agent said contract is signed. Kuli confirmed no matter what Panthers tell you.

@TSNBobMcKenzie Of course contracts arent finalized until physical is passed.

@TSNBobMcKenzie He's flying to Florida tomorrow. Maybe he was at agent's house in Connecticut.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Now can we give some credit to that HockeyInsider guy on Twitter ?

He said 2 days ago that the deal would get done in 24/48 hours... He was right.

Stop believing Eklund (Eklown E5) and follow HFboards when they say Eklund is a legit source now. Guy is horrible.

HockeyInsider is credible ! Not always right, but I believe the guy has some great sources. As I said not always right, but this time he was concerning Kulikov. That's enough proof for me.

I think Tallon and Santos didn't want to say anything because they were only in contact with Kulikov's agent and they didn't know where Dmitry was standing and where he was on Earth (Russia ? France ? Madagascar ? USA ?)... Now that he is back in the US and will be in Florida tomorrow, they will say the process was smooth enough.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL

Stop believing Eklund (Eklown E5) and follow HFboards when they say Eklund is a legit source now. Guy is horrible.

HockeyInsider is credible ! Not always right, but I believe the guy has some great sources. As I said not always right, but this time he was concerning Kulikov. That's enough proof for me.

I think Tallon and Santos didn't want to say anything because they were only in contact with Kulikov's agent and they didn't know where Dmitry was standing and where he was on Earth (Russia ? France ? Madagascar ? USA ?)... Now that he is back in the US and will be in Florida tomorrow, they will say the process was smooth enough.

It's so tough to say, he comes through sometimes but is completely off other times, I wouldn't doubt he has sources I am just not sure how real he actually is.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
tumblr_mebyavKupm1rw1fs3.gif

Bring out the champagne.

A RFA got signed right before the season starts? Oh, how shocking. Even my mother could have predicted that for all I care.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
tumblr_mebyavKupm1rw1fs3.gif

Bring out the champagne.

A RFA got signed right before the season starts? Oh, how shocking. Even my mother could have predicted that for all I care.

It seems Subban and O'Reilly won't get signed before Saturday's opener...

Can you ask your mother the lottery numbers if she predicted Subban and O'Reilly situations too ?

Thanks in advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad