Kulikov signed for 2 years

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Hoping for around $3 million. Anything under would be sweet while anything around $4 million would be too high.

-ghoste

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
I don't see why people would complain about the two years? If he proves he's worth a big contract with his play than i don't see why tallon won't hesitate to give it to him

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Im just considering what the options may be for Markstrom?? His entry level was $1.3million so what will Markstrom ask for?? I don't see Tallon only signing him 2-3 years. $4-4.5 million is not out of the question for this kid, he is suppose to be the FRANCHISE goalie that Luongo was years ago. I dont see Markstrom signing for less than $4million a season.
First of all, welcome to the board(s).

But on the discussion, Markie probably didn't earn any of his 425k bonuses (it's usually NHL related, for goalies games played and/or won / GAA / %SVS) since he played only 8 games, so his salary was 875k. Not sure about the new CBA, but the old one had a 10% increase on the old salary (or something like that, it's been really half a year when I lastly talked seriously about hockey), so Markie's qualifying offer would be something close to a million.

He'll probably get around 1-1.5 per year deal for 2 years, a "prove yourself" contract. When he's done proving he belong in the NHL and is an elite goalie, then he'll get the big bucks he deserves.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the Welcome!

Ya thats my bad, i was forgetting he still has the RFA status for 2 years, i didnt hear if that got changed with the new CBA? Is it 5 years or 7years to get UFA status now? I posted later that $4million is high for Markstrom. The salary cap being lowered next year was also forgot on my part.

I just question if they dont offer him a longer term contract, he may feel Tallon isnt SOLD on his abilities. He's going to be 23yrs old end of January, i feel he needs to get at least 8-10 games in this season to really analyze if he can handle the jump from AHL to NHL.

If we do sign him only 2 years and for whatever reason he doesnt pan out, that Luongo trade maybe didnt seem so silly in the long run. I want Markstrom to be our FRANCHISE guy and ive heard the last 2 weeks hes really starting to blossom but with Theodore possibly leaving next year, we are left with Clemmensen who is considered a career back up and a "potential" #1 goalie.

I guess in the end the rest of Markstrom's year will prove what he's worth but ya youre probably right, $1.5mill is fair but i would give him $2-2.5 if needed to keep him especially if its only 2 years.

I heard on TSN, Florida and 3-4 other teams are interested in Redden and he could get a 1yr-$1million contract. Thoughts on where Redden would fit into our lineup?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
As @hfialkov first reported Dmitri Kulikov now signed with FLA. Two year deal with AAV of $2.5M ($2M and $3M). FLA submits for NHL approval

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
This is a great deal for the Panthers as long as Kulikov is happy with it and doesn't feel stung when it comes to negotiating his next deal.

Why would he? Why is everyone so concerned about athletes' feelings lately? That's a fair deal for someone his age, gives plenty for him to develop into, and he'll still be an RFA. It's a great deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad