Value of: Kulikov or Vatanen to the Leafs

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The final pieces for the next first round exit?
No, they don't plan to be out in the first round but getting eliminated in the first round is still a possibility as it is for every team.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
If Vatanen can be had for 4th or 5th I'd JUMP at that because then you got.

Rielly Brodie

Muzzin Holl

Vatanen Bogosian

Dermott

If Dermott is your #7 you are doing pretty good that is championship level depth.
Vatanen would also be handling the first PP unit for the maple leafs. Has a much better shot than reilly and experience also from those first unit powerplays period. I love life.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
its doubtful that either of them make the starting lineup ...7th D insurance at this point, or bottom pairing over Dermott in a best case scenario.
...price accordingly.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So apparently TOR has been in on a package of Palms and Kulikov? I know Leafs fans on HFBoards won't be thrilled but presumably that would put a solid prospect and maybe a first round pick at issue, especially if TOR is returning salary to NJ.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So apparently TOR has been in on a package of Palms and Kulikov? I know Leafs fans on HFBoards won't be thrilled but presumably that would put a solid prospect and maybe a first round pick at issue, especially if TOR is returning salary to NJ.

There has been some talk about them being in on Palmeri, but I haven't heard anything about a package of Palmeri and Kulikov.

I'm on the record as saying I don't think 1st round picks will be flying out the door this deadline for anybody but if it's a Palmeri and Kulikov package that might be different

Reactions: My3Sons

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
its doubtful that either of them make the starting lineup ...7th D insurance at this point, or bottom pairing over Dermott in a best case scenario.
...price accordingly.

You don't think Kulikov could crack the Maple Leafs top six? You don't think he could play ahead of Dermott?

Are you being serious? If the Leafs could get Kulikov and play him over Dermott they would have a much improved defence and some added snarl. He'd be an excellent pick up for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puckclektr

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
With the deadline just over a week away it's safe to say NJ is a seller.

With the Leafs looking to add the final cuo pieces in their push for a championship what woul Kulikov and/or Vatanen cost?
why bother those guys are not what the leafs need at the moment so pass pass not interested at all on those two

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
You say that about every player what do you think they need?
The reason i say that is because i don't want any trades, and if they do trade the guy i like is foligno but that probably isn't happening cause we don't have the cap room and the jackets probably don't want to move him, another guy is glendening from detroit but i don't think the wings want to trade him, and for a goalie if andersen isn't coming back this season i like kuemper from arizona he has another year on his deal but again cap room, or riddich from the flames, this one could be had, and another guy i always liked is sam bennett from the flames, but than again no cap room thanks to dubassssss for overpaying his baby's and now he is stuck with no where to go, yes leafs have the dough but no cap space and there lies the big problem, so i say ride it out and you don't lose your youngster you have in the system, so there you have my point of view on the leafs and don't see anything happening and hope dubass doesn't screw it up even more....

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The reason i say that is because i don't want any trades, and if they do trade the guy i like is foligno but that probably isn't happening cause we don't have the cap room and the jackets probably don't want to move him, another guy is glendening from detroit but i don't think the wings want to trade him, and for a goalie if andersen isn't coming back this season i like kuemper from arizona he has another year on his deal but again cap room, or riddich from the flames, this one could be had, and another guy i always liked is sam bennett from the flames, but than again no cap room thanks to dubassssss for overpaying his baby's and now he is stuck with no where to go, yes leafs have the dough but no cap space and there lies the big problem, so i say ride it out and you don't lose your youngster you have in the system, so there you have my point of view on the leafs and don't see anything happening and hope dubass doesn't screw it up even more....

What makes you think the Jackets who are 5 points out of the playoffs won't move Foligno he's a UFA, Same thing with Glendening in Detroit

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
What makes you think the Jackets who are 5 points out of the playoffs won't move Foligno he's a UFA, Same thing with Glendening in Detroit
i just don't see it he is their captain and glendening i can see him going to the oil and his old gm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad