News Article: Kulemin: All discussion here

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
I am not looking at zone-starts.

I am looking at what line he is on and how said line is utilized against the opposition.

Well, he's also played a top 6 role and scored 7 goals in a season.

Regardless, I'm not going to sit here arguing endlessly about whether or not Kulie is a top 6 forward. It doesn't matter, because he's not going to be re-signed for a top 6 role (do we agree on this?).

We've got 2 other key guys in our bottom 6 (Bolland and McClement) to resign. I just don't see the need for Kulie @ anything close to 3M or 4M when Jay McClement can be used just as effectively in the exact same role for half the cost.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Well, he's also played a top 6 role and scored 7 goals in a season.

Not exactly. I will definitely say he had an off-year in Wilson's last year but Carlyle still relied on him to take defensive assignments when he was hired that season.

Regardless, I'm not going to sit here arguing endlessly about whether or not Kulie is a top 6 forward. It doesn't matter, because he's not going to be re-signed for a top 6 role (do we agree on this?).

Sort of. I consider Kulemin a "relief" top-six forward for the Leafs. He's best suited for a defensive role, but can spot a shift or two to shake things up in-game...and if injuries allow...he can fill in game-to-game.

We've got 2 other key guys in our bottom 6 (Bolland and McClement) to resign. I just don't see the need for Kulie @ anything close to 3M or 4M when Jay McClement can be used just as effectively in the exact same role for half the cost.

Jay McClement isn't as versatile as Kulemin. That's why he will be paid less...because he simply isn't as valuable.

The Leafs are hard-up for defensive players.

We are littered with sissies in our top nine who can't win board battles, and some who don't even bother trying at all, so having a guy like Kulemin is a breathe of fresh air to me anyway.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Impressed by what I have seen of Nik thus far on the Animisov and Tarasenko line. Just a tad trouble finishing, but Kule does not look out of place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad