Who’s better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Kuch has higher peaks but Foppa played at a consistently higher level. It's close and I can see someone taking either guy, but I'd lean Forsberg.

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes
One interesting thing about these 2 players:

Kucherov is the all-time (single tournament) leading scorer of the U18 WJC, and....

Forsberg is the all-time (single tournament) leading scorer of the U20 WJC.

Reactions: flipp

flipp

Jan 11, 2010
That's an interesting thing to say about a guy with a career high of 30 goals.
Forsberg was more selfish in the play offs. He actually scored 64 goals in 151 play off games. That´s ,42 goals per game with a farily large sample size and mostly in a low scoring era. A slightly better average than Kucherov (.38)

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Forsberg was more selfish in the play offs. He actually scored 64 goals in 151 play off games. That´s ,42 goals per game with a farily large sample size and mostly in a low scoring era. A slightly better average than Kucherov (.38)

Better average than Selanne, Kovalchuk, Crosby, Jagr, Malkin, Stamkos, etc.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That's an interesting thing to say about a guy with a career high of 30 goals.

Yet he increased his goal scoring rate in the playoffs and no it wasn't a small sample, all while out performing Sakic in the 200 foot game during their overlapping time in the playoffs by quite a bit.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Forsberg is a much more complete player. I'd give the offensive edge to Kucherov, but overall it's Forsberg for me. There just isn't enough of a difference in their offensive abilities to make up for everything else Forsberg brought to the table.

Reactions: wetcoast

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Kucherov offensively because of the gap in goalscoring, overall Forsberg. There haven't been many players in NHL history who can compete with how much Forsberg tilted the ice at even strength.

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
This comparisons often suffers of recency bias, as people can still watch (or remember) only one of the players. Forsberg has been dominant in his (short) era and he has been in multiple discussions about being an all-time great of the sport. Kuch is good, but a full tier below Forsberg if not more.

NigerianNightmare

Lürssen > Feadship
Jan 25, 2022
West Africa
Finally, Forsberg is getting some love on these boards.

Yes, Forsberg was better defensively, however, I voted Kucherov based on his enormous productivity which compensates for his defensive handicap.

He managed to beat McDavid for the Hart and Ross trophies in the same season. I doubt that peak Forsberg would be able to achieve that.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I can put aside childhood nostalgia. It’s Kucherov and barring his own health, it’s going to become obvious by the time his career concludes.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Forsberg provides similar offense with a massively improved all around game. I don't see any argument for Kucherov.
2 Stanley Cups with players who were under point per game when kuch was injured last seasons, @lso kucherov dominates at playoffs point producing last 10 years ( it's is crazy but numbers don't lie, ) kucherov is best current playoff performer of all current players, stars, franchise leaders, generational etc, yes he is not dominated physically but he dominated by iq

Reactions: alexgreeen

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Forsberg never scored more then 30 goals. kucherovs hockey IQ is higher that's for sure

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Two-all timers but it's gotta be Forsberg.

Imagine having the choice of picking either player to build your team around, you gotta take Forsberg.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
2 Stanley Cups with players who were under point per game when kuch was injured last seasons, @lso kucherov dominates at playoffs point producing last 10 years ( it's is crazy but numbers don't lie, ) kucherov is best current playoff performer of all current players, stars, franchise leaders, generational etc, yes he is not dominated physically but he dominated by iq

Forsberg was also a dominant playoff player for a decade:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Forsberg never scored more then 30 goals. kucherovs hockey IQ is higher that's for sure

Forsberg was a better goal scorer in the playoffs though. Overall Forsberg was the better player but Kucherov has time to possibly make that a tough question.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Finally, Forsberg is getting some love on these boards.

Yes, Forsberg was better defensively, however, I voted Kucherov based on his enormous productivity which compensates for his defensive handicap.

He managed to beat McDavid for the Hart and Ross trophies in the same season. I doubt that peak Forsberg would be able to achieve that.

Really? Forsberg was on pace for 116 points in 2002-03 which is exactly what McDavid had. In his peak season he could’ve given McDavid a run for the Art Ross and there’s no doubt he was a better two-way player.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Close but Forsberg for me, just prefer him slightly as a player but two my favorites and definitely in the same tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad