Kucherov vs Mackinnon- who is the better player?

Who is better, Kucherov or Mackinnon?

• Kucherov

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Mackinnon

Votes: 66 49.3%

• Total voters

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Psh, please. He belongs on a line with Rantanen.
funny thing is last i checked rantanen's p1/60 WITH mackinnon (1.74) is less than steven stamkos' WITHOUT kucherov (1.9) in the span since the start of last season. rantanen without mackinnon drops to a 1.24 p1/60, unsurprisingly a 2nd line number.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
funny thing is last i checked rantanen's p1/60 WITH mackinnon (1.74) is less than steven stamkos' WITHOUT kucherov (1.9) in the span since the start of last season. rantanen without mackinnon drops to a 1.24 p1/60, unsurprisingly a 2nd line number.
NUH UH! Point > Mikko, obvi

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Kucherov has one more elite season than Mac in 16/17. Prior to that, their PPGs over the previous three years were .71 and .70.

That Mac has hit his prime one year later than Kucherov is the only difference. That Mac has reached Kucherov's level at an earlier age than Kucherov can be viewed as significant enough to overlook Kucherov's one more elite season.

Kucherov is the more proven playoff performer but Mac has a rep as a big game player even before coming into the NHL and is off to a good start with a playoff PPG of 1.23.

Sigh... reputation? doing something at a younger age? Point is that Kucherov has done more and the question asked who is better, not who you think will be better in 3 to 5 years.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Sigh... reputation? doing something at a younger age? Point is that Kucherov has done more and the question asked who is better, not who you think will be better in 3 to 5 years.

Sigh, I guess the fact that they have been producing at the same rate for the last season and a half was understood. That is why some are picking Mac, maybe because he plays C rather than W.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad