Proposal: Kucherov to the Leafs

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
If the bolts want some cap relief, I'd do Pacioretty + 2nd round pick for Kucherov.

Pacioretty is signed for 3 more years @4.5 mil.

They really don't. They're tight, but moves can be made to clear space. Again, Kucherov will not be involved in any deal for any kind of money purposes. There's too much money in other places to move a top forward in the league to clear salary.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
:leafs

Kucherov (RFA rights)

:bolts

JVR

2016 2nd round pick

Bolts, who are under extreme cap duress (Johnson, Palat, Drouin, etc) get a top pairing LW for Stamkos on a cap friendly deal while adding a high 2nd (likely 31-35th overall) and Leafs get an impact winger for the Matthews line.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

:leafs

Nikita Kucherov (RFA Rights)

:bolts

JVR (30% retention)

William Nylander

2016 2nd

Revised proposal.

no no no the Leafs have to give 3 unprotected 1sts and Matthews and pay a million a year of Stamkos salary plus all that other stuff above

then and only then would the trade be remotely fair for the burgeoning superstar that is our Nikita

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
I love that people are still letting this OP get them worked up. Trash proposal after trash proposal with the same reactions every time. :laugh:

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Let's bring Kucherov home to Toronto! Come on Bolts fans, this is a great proposal. We'll even throw in a 3rd.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Asking Tampa for Kucherov or Hedman is like asking Chicago for Kane or Keith (actually it's worse when you consider their relative ages) so stop with the ridiculous proposals people. Why don't you just start the countdown for the next big upcoming UFA who will never go to Toronto and annoy Islanders fans instead?

HowSweeeedeItIs

Jan 19, 2014
San Francisco
Asking Tampa for Kucherov or Hedman is like asking Chicago for Kane or Keith (actually it's worse when you consider their relative ages) so stop with the ridiculous proposals people. Why don't you just start the countdown for the next big upcoming UFA who will never go to Toronto and annoy Islanders fans instead?

That has already started: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2106059

ForSpareParts*

This proposal makes me wonder and worry about JVR. He hasn't seen action (NHL) since Feb. I hope he hasn't lost a step? Do you think he's still got what it takes to help the Leafs?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
There is NOTHING that the Leaf fans would be willing to give in return that would make the trade worth the Lightning's time. What Lightning fans would ask for in return would be as insane to the Leaf fans as asking for Kucherov sounds to us.

And for the record: about half of every Leafs trade I've ever seen has included some variation of Kadri, JVR, Bozak and Phaneuf prior to his trade. Either you guys must be desperate to get rid of them or you are acutely aware that these players are nothing more than spare parts. So I ask: Why would they net such a substantial return?

More importantly, if you believe these players to be assets; then why trade them from a team that finished last place a season ago? Won't you need all the help you can get?

ForSpareParts*

What?

JVR isn't the first player to break a bone in his body and miss some time...

No. But he is a big (tall) player. Healing and rehab are a little longer/tougher for you tall people.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
JVR proposals forever

If we had a nickel for every leafs fan trying to trade JVR we could keep the lights on at this site for a decade.

You know before you click them. If it's a leafs and someone proposal...it's a JVR thread.

Has anyone from another team started a "JVR to" topic?

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
JVR proposals forever

If we had a nickel for every leafs fan trying to trade JVR we could keep the lights on at this site for a decade.

You know before you click them. If it's a leafs and someone proposal...it's a JVR thread.

Has anyone from another team started a "JVR to" topic?

You'd be a lot richer if you get a nickel for every post complaining about JVR being involved in proposals :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad