Rumor: Krug's Rights to be traded. DRW in running

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Interesting. I would think that Vegas and Colorado would be heavy favorites over either Florida or Detroit, but it'll be fun to see how it plays out.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I for one would welcome Krug. We need long term depth at LHD and need someone to provide offense from the blueline even strength and on the PP. If we get him, I think Nemeth (with retention) would be on the move for a 2nd+4th type of rental to a team looking to shore up its bottom pair for a title push.

Reactions: NotLeddy

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I say go for it. I’ve always liked him as a player. We don’t have much to lose.

My only concern is how he would adjust to playing on a bad team.

Reactions: 14ari13

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
I think Florida will be aggressive after moving Matheson. A Krug-Ekblad Yandle-Weegar top 4 would be legit.

Vegas is already heavy on the left side with Theodore, Schmidt, Martinez, Holden, McNabb. I think Martinez at least plays on the right

Colorado has Girard and Graves on the left with Byram on the way. They could also use help on the right.

If we were to sign Krug, we'd have him, DeKeyser, Nemeth, and Staal as a scratch, with Cholowski playing in GR. The right would be Hronek, Seider?, Biega, Lindstrom. It's starting to fill up, but I don't think signing Krug would push someone out who 100% deserves to get minutes.

Reactions: MBH

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Thinking on this and I can see the need for a Krug. I'm not the biggest fan of his but we need Vet D that can actually play the game of Hockey.

Daleys and Staals that are past their prime an be good mentors but that is their only value.

I'll judge this later based on price paid, both for his rights and term/$$$

Reactions: Reddwit

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Vegas ja Theodore and Schmidt to play the PP, Colorado has Makar and Girard, Florida has Yandle and Ekblad.
Yep, the other teams are just to drum up interest. Stevie is probably lowballing at like a 6th or 7th and they want a 5th.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
anybody think that if this happens it could be an indication yzermans going to draft drysdale and want krug as his mentor ?
I don't think so, Drysdale is still a few seasons away from being NHL ready, and Krug may very well be on the decline when he makes it up permanently.

At this point, any move made prior to the draft is one that Stevie would make regardless of who he drafts, given that we don't even know who will be available when we pick. Obviously something like extending Mantha and Bert would still happen, but you can't plan on drafting the next Yzerman at 4th OA and then making your moves accordingly.

Reactions: decaguard

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I appreciate the effort the insider added by providing a very firm deadline of Sept 28th, 2020.

All insider info and rumours should come with such caveats

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad