News Article: Krug, Smith absent from B's golf tourney as camp nears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Alright, enough of that!! I'll leave you with this mystery to solve:

What do the Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets have in common?

Vile isn't good enough to attend any of these teams' camps ?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

What do the Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets have in common?

Teams that will finish ahead of the Bruins this year ?

:sarcasm:

member 96824

They're the closest teams to Ottawa.:naughty:

But seriously, they're the closest teams to Ottawa and therefore, you know who's list I would guess.

member 96824

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs
Bruins have made just 2 offers to Torey Krug: a perfunctory qualifying offer & same 1-yr, $1.25M that Bartkowski signed for. Not good enough

Did Chia see Jarmo yesterday and say "Yeah, that looks like a great idea!"

:laugh:

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
They're the closest teams to Ottawa.:naughty:

Are there non-stops from Columbus to Ottawa? Serious question. If a player whose family was based in Ottawa originally was going to create an 8 team list, wouldn't it be 8 cities with numerous direct flights to Ottawa?

Philly would have been a better choice. Maybe even DC.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hmmm....

New YorK RangErs
CoLumbus BLue Jackets
New York Islanders

Ottawa SeNators
Toronto Maple Leafs
Montreal Canadiens
Buffalo Sabres
Detroit Red Wings

Isles on Kelly's list (check), Isles interested in Boychuk (check).

Now, what do the Isles have that would interest Boston?

Grabner? He has a good Cap hit, but has regressed since his 30 goal campaign in 2010-11.

Clutterbuck? Love the physicality, but 2.75m is a lot for just a hitter.

Hamonic? Okposo? Both of these guys would be ideal, but that's not happening.

I don't really know the Isles well enough to say whether or not they would be a good fit.

member 96824

Grabner? He has a good Cap hit, but has regressed since his 30 goal campaign in 2010-11.

I don't really know the Isles well enough to say whether or not they would be a good fit.

Brock. Nelson.

I'm getting myself too excited over something that won't happen.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Josh Bailey? Former 1st round pick that hasn't quite found a groove.. He could do better under a Julien type system.

Matt Carkner? A hard-nosed right shot D that could slide in for Boychuk... Not saying that he replaces him, but just move the entire right side depth chart up one notch.

I don't want to see Boychuk traded though. My hope is that they can find a way to keep him as part of the core.

Perhaps if NYI is interested in Kelly and Bailey has indeed fallen out of favor, something around Kelly, McQuaid/Bartkowski for Bailey?

Edit: checked Bailey's cap hit and realized it would not work...

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Brock. Nelson.

I'm getting myself too excited over something that won't happen.

I like Nelson a lot.

I didn't include him because I was looking for a guy that could play RW, and I believe Nelson is a LH shooting LW. If he was part of a bigger deal, I would be totally down with nabbing him.

My AOF crazy trade proposal for the day (with some help from BJC):

Marchand, Kelly, Boychuk, Subban, Spooner

for

Nelson, Hamonic, Clutterbuck

Yeeee-haaaaa!! lol

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

We're not getting a 30 goal scorer who hasn't regressed for Boychuk and Kelly though.

How did we manage to find the one team almost as left handed as us to trade with?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
We're not getting a 30 goal scorer who hasn't regressed for Boychuk and Kelly though.

How did we manage to find the one team almost as left handed as us to trade with?

He regressed to 12g/14a in 64 games. At that pace I would rather Clutterbuck (12g/7a in 73), who will hit everything that moves in addition to chipping in with some goals.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
If you're looking for an affordable bottom-6 option from the Isles who gives you some sandpaper, Matt Martin should be the target. He obviously wouldn't be the center piece of a Boychuk deal (I'd hope), but he'd be a great fit here.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
If you're looking for an affordable bottom-6 option from the Isles who gives you some sandpaper, Matt Martin should be the target. He obviously wouldn't be the center piece of a Boychuk deal (I'd hope), but he'd be a great fit here.

Probably not what they're looking for at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad