Confirmed with Link: Krueger fired. Don Granato named interim HC.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
The problem is that given all the losing and negativity, it is way easier said than done to have fun right now in the midst of a 13 game winless streak where the head coach just got fired.

Totally. But that's why it should have been done weeks ago. The main fire Kruger thread had almost 1k posts in a week, and that was not the first one. They backed themselves into a corner with inaction when it was painfully obvious that it needed to be done.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
so your restaurants and bars are open?
In a limited seating capacity with distancing and barriers and such required. Outdoor seating encouraged weather permitting.

Edit: I think you still need to order a meal to sit at a bar? I haven't kept up with all the covid news.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
In a limited seating capacity with distancing and barriers and such required. Outdoor seating encouraged weather permitting.

Edit: I think you still need to order a meal to sit at a bar? I haven't kept up with all the covid news.
Pretty are you do need to buy food but not necessarily a meal. I went to Other Half (outside) last weekend and had to buy a snack, so that's still going on.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Hard to tell which bar that is from the video. 40 thieves? Coles?

On other Twitter posts it is identified as "40".

So I guess "40 Thieves"...that's a new one to me, but I haven't been bar hopping in Buffalo in at least 20 years.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
On other Twitter posts it is identified as "40".

So I guess "40 Thieves"...that's a new one to me, but I haven't been bar hopping in Buffalo in at least 20 years.
It's been a lot of different bars over the years. It was known as Merlin's when I came of drinking age in 2007, then it was Blue Monk, then 727 Elmwood, now it's 40 Thieves.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Looking through the first pages of this thread, it appears that naming of Granato as interim was not very popular at the time. It's nice to see that his acceptance now is a lot higher than last year.

I also noticed that it's possible that there might be a few jazz fans around here based on comments related to the now closed Blue Monk on Elmwood and the jazz song with the same name by Thelonious Monk. I'm a huge fan of jazz. In fact, my board name - Dex - is an homage to my favorite jazz saxophonist Dexter Gordon

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Sonny Rollins is the king.
I'm a big fan of Rollins too. But Dex is my favorite. Dex is known to have been an early influence on both Rollins and John Cotrane as the bebop era wound down. In the 50s, Dex unfortunately became addicted to heroin and spent some time in jail and also out on the West Coast. playing in that style. When he emerged back on the scene in NYC around 1960 - hard bop was all the rage and as Dexter started returning to form and adopting that style - his major influences were Rollins and Coltrane

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Received a boss jacket for an early anniversary gift:
u0qb14jrh8n81.jpg

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
I'm a big fan of Rollins too. But Dex is my favorite. Dex is known to have been an early influence on both Rollins and John Cotrane as the bebop era wound down. In the 50s, Dex unfortunately became addicted to heroin and spent some time in jail and also out on the West Coast. playing in that style. When he emerged back on the scene in NYC around 1960 - hard bop was all the rage and as Dexter started returning to form and adopting that style - his major influences were Rollins and Coltrane
I love Dex too. Spent some time looking at Barry Harris's technique and that's when Dex became a thing for me.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad