Confirmed with Link: Krueger fired. Don Granato named interim HC.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I don't think fun hockey has to come at the expense of defense either.

If the players are given more ownership of the game they could take more responsibility defensively knowing that its on them and not coaching. Less going through the motions I would hope. Intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation. Guys wanting to be solid defensively because they have "freedom " should be a better motivator than a steve smith glare. There seems to still be some debate as to whether lack of freedom is real

That said, idk if just getting rid of Ralph will help that. We've lost men in front of the net, given up many breakaways. It will be interesting to see if we look any different

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Telling them to "forget the system and have fun" is a major change system-wise.

I'm excited to see what Dahlin does, especially if he has his shackles removed.
That's what I said they should do, not what I think they will do. It's too obvious for this organization to do something so blatantly needed slapping them in the face.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
That's what I said they should do, not what I think they will do. It's too obvious for this organization to do something so blatantly needed slapping them in the face.

Sometimes inexperience might be good. If Adams and Granato/Ellis/Girardi are smart......they'll do the simple and obvious thing.

It already seems to be on the right track -- Adams needs experienced help. He appears to be actively going after it.

Adams needs to get this next coaching hire right -- he knows it and it taking a measured approach.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Having fun and playing loose leads to wins. See last year's hurricanes.

Or every game played by the Smythe Division for the decade of the '80s and into the early '90s!

Best hockey of all time comes from those late night games back then. 1991 Battle of Alberta remains the single greatest playoff series I have ever seen, by a mile.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Or every game played by the Smythe Division for the decade of the '80s and into the early '90s!

Best hockey of all time comes from those late night games back then. 1991 Battle of Alberta remains the single greatest playoff series I have ever seen, by a mile.

To me the best playoff series was that war between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia back in 2012. When even getting a 6 goal lead was maybe not enough to win

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017

They should go back to the old school division and conference names. Im sure the cheap ass NHL will soon bring us the GrubHub division in the Bank of America conference. I love how a league that "prides" itself on history and tradition throws them away at the first sign of a fast buck. :)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They should go back to the old school division and conference names. Im sure the cheap ass NHL will soon bring us the GrubHub division in the Bank of America conference. I love how a league that "prides" itself on history and tradition throws them away at the first sign of a fast buck. :)

With COVID killing revenue for all pro leagues, everyone is trying to do whatever they can to add revenue with butts not in seats.

And I have no issue with it whatsoever.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Well, a person is always positive, what's wrong with that. :naughty:

Being positive is by itself not bad.

When you're so positive that you become unable to critique and improve anything because you just BELIEVE it will work eventually, well... that's another can or worms altogether.

Hashbrown77

Apr 25, 2017
With COVID killing revenue for all pro leagues, everyone is trying to do whatever they can to add revenue with butts not in seats.

And I have no issue with it whatsoever.
During covid sure, but they would do it in normal times in a heartbeat dont kid yourself. :)

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo should hire Babcock, sure he's not a nice guy, but he runs a tight shift and that's what the team needs.

Babcock isn't a realistic option due to his negative past history with the Pegulas and his very recent abuse scandal

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Babcock isn't a realistic option due to his negative past history with the Pegulas and his very recent abuse scandal

a few players on this team can stand to get a very good ass chewing that Babcock would give them. Make them man up for once instead of coming onto the ice, playing and acting like toddlers

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Who they hire is going to tell me a LOT about the direction they plan to take.

IMO, anyone but an experienced NHL coach and it probably means rebuild + goodbye to Eichel.

I just don’t see how you can sell another inexperienced coach to Eichel and this locker room. An experienced NHL coach says “we are trying to win Now”.

just my opinion anyway.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Or, it leads to losses and the fans and media get salty and say that the players don't care because they are loose and having fun despite losing...

This team needs some wins to release the pressure.

I think if they're having fun, then they're not squeezing their sticks so tight, and not hitting 4 posts per game.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think if they're having fun, then they're not squeezing their sticks so tight, and not hitting 4 posts per game.

The problem is that given all the losing and negativity, it is way easier said than done to have fun right now in the midst of a 13 game winless streak where the head coach just got fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad