Injury Report: Kronwall's knee

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Even if Kronwall is feeling well enough to play, it's good that he won't. His body doesn't need the extra wear and tear. And at this point Lindholm is probably a better choice anyway, it's time for the next generation to start taking over for Sweden.
Looks like Jurco is missing the start of the season, too, with back surgery. I've never seen a young player with so many back problems already.

Saarijarvi out with wrist surgery.

Wow both Jurco and Pulkkinen out with injuries to start the season, that is a pretty tough break for those guys who are already in a struggle to get into the lineup.

Less bummed out about Saarijarvi, he's got time on his side.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pretty bummed out about the Saarijarvi news. Great situation for him, was looking to play on the top pair with Hague.

Added bonus of those of you that can watch Steelheads games, Hague is projected as a 1st rounder next year.

My guess is he plays with Sean Day when he actually gets back.

Unfortunate about all the injuries but it does help sort our roster a little.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My guess is he plays with Sean Day when he actually gets back.

Unfortunate about all the injuries but it does help sort our roster a little.

I asked on the Mississauga board, and most felt pretty certain he'd be #1 RD next to Hague. For what it's worth.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Cleary is more probable. He can sit, Frk goes to play.

Frk and Nosek have to be put through waivers. Now at the start of the season they are likely to pass through assuming the league doesn't have a rash of injuries in the pre-season. I don't they are bringing up Cleary anymore not even just to sit in the press box.

I asked on the Mississauga board, and most felt pretty certain he'd be #1 RD next to Hague. For what it's worth.

Interesting... I could see a good fit with Day's size to complement him, while offering a dynamic skating pair. We will have to see when he comes back.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Cleary is more probable. He can sit, Frk goes to play.

troll :P

seriously, I wonder if they'll use the roster flexibility of having so many regulars out to carry 8 D and shield XO and Sproul from waivers a bit longer. With Ericsson and Kronwall's various health problems, having either end up the IR wouldn't be surprising. hell, it wouldn't be surprising to see Ericsson there to start the year.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The thing about the World Cup is, even if the tournament itself doesn't start until September 17, they are soon about to kick off with intense practice. The first exhibition games are ten days prior to the tournament. It's almost six weeks before the NHL season starts all things considerered, where the players will go 100%.

For Kronwall to get another 4-5 weeks to prepare is a good thing. Sucks for him, it was probably gonna be his last international tournament, but it's a win for everyone else involved. I was always concerned he was gonna push it to play, so I'm glad he's being honest with himself.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Frk and Nosek have to be put through waivers. Now at the start of the season they are likely to pass through assuming the league doesn't have a rash of injuries in the pre-season. I don't they are bringing up Cleary anymore not even just to sit in the press box.

That's the idea. I mean Frk goes to play at Griffins, so there's not that waiver-risk. But the callup could be a less-interesting guy like Tangradi. Don't also think no one would pick Nosek from waivers at later part of the season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The thing about the World Cup is, even if the tournament itself doesn't start until September 17, they are soon about to kick off with intense practice. The first exhibition games are ten days prior to the tournament. It's almost six weeks before the NHL season starts all things considerered, where the players will go 100%.

For Kronwall to get another 4-5 weeks to prepare is a good thing. Sucks for him, it was probably gonna be his last international tournament, but it's a win for everyone else involved. I was always concerned he was gonna push it to play, so I'm glad he's being honest with himself.

Well if a lot of people are right about our roster around here. Kronwall has plenty of opportunities to represent Sweden in a World Championship for the next couple years.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Kronwall has one season (his rookie year) worse than Lindholm's best year.

Admittedly Kronwall has developed some mobility issues but he still managed to score 2 less points in 16 less games last year.

In a vacuum, like world cup, Kronwall is far from an unreasonable choice.

Hell, I'm starting to think Kronwall is a little underrated on this board. The guy pretty much scored at a 40 minute pace with a ****ed knee and a weak-ass powerplay.

That's because he is.

I think if his knees recover alright, he'll put up a solid amount of points.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
Kronwall gets more time to rehab and Sweden gets a better D, it's a win-win situation! :handclap:

And it might make Holland think that without Kronwall, this D is very thin, thus making the need for a move on D that much more quickly.

Which knowing Holland will be signing Kyle Quincey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad