Kristian huselius

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Insanely skilled, but by far the most inconsistent player I've ever seen play for the Flames. When he was hot, he was one of the best skilled wingers in the game. When he was cold, he was nearly useless.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Insanely skilled, but by far the most inconsistent player I've ever seen play for the Flames. When he was hot, he was one of the best skilled wingers in the game. When he was cold, he was nearly useless.

Alex (mail it in) Tanguay says hello.

But seriously this is pretty accurate. Still a major fan, he was a joy to watch.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
In his prime he was pretty great. The mid to late-2000s Flames get stereotyped as a two player team between Iggy and Kipper, but we had some pretty exceptional supplementary pieces with Tanguay and Huselius. Problem was no 1C

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
In his prime he was pretty great. The mid to late-2000s Flames get stereotyped as a two player team between Iggy and Kipper, but we had some pretty exceptional supplementary pieces with Tanguay and Huselius. Problem was no 1C

I miss the Langkow - Huselius duo on the 2nd line.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I still have my Huselius jersey. Considered getting it changed to Glencross at one point, glad I didn't in the long run. One of my favorite Flames to watch when he was "on". I'll always remember him and Iggy tearing it up, especially the one game against Carolina they both had Hat Tricks.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
You really think so? I never really saw him that way when he was cold. I thought Bourque was far worse.
This is true. Bourque at his worst cannot be topped. I can't remember another player that actively harmed the team's chances of winning as much as Bourque in doofus mode.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Huselius was more entertaining to watch than any Flame outside of Kipper in those years.

It was such a breath of fresh air to have someone with nifty hands on the team vs mostly bangers and snipers.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
You really think so? I never really saw him that way when he was cold. I thought Bourque was far worse.
Yeah, I got to agree with this. Huselius was invisible and could be bad when he wasn't hot, Bourque was freaking horrible when cold. Even when he was hot, he would still have those poor moments show through.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Anyone remember the Detroit(pretty sure it was Detroit) PA announcer butchering his name, called him something like Hoolyoolis.

Reactions: ehhedler

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Huselius was easily one of my favorite players when he played with us. As mentioned, he just had to be more consistent.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
If he came out of retirement and signed with Edmonton, he'd probably be the most skilled natural winger on the roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad