GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I'm not worried at all about tonight. The team knows their recent history with 2-0 series leads, so I know that they know that they need to be at their sharpest from the opening faceoff. No sleepies.

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
Carolina is pulling a page from the Devils series. In the Islanders series, Brind'Amour thought about making a goalie change. After game 3? Last season's Rangers team was comatose in the Devils series.
Ugh, didn't need to be reminded of that :help:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
You guys have to stop being so worried about what Carolina is going to do the first 10 minutes of the game and focus on what the Rangers are gonna do. If they're serious about winning it all, they need to be the ones coming out like a pack of crazed hyenas tonight and letting Carolina know in no uncertain terms that this series is already over.
I love this comment here. You got me pumped now. Pin this inside the Ranger locker room.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I love this comment here. You got me pumped now. Pin this inside the Ranger locker room.
Agree 100%. No ones going out there and playing scared. This team has played and beat good teams. Carolina is a good team. The way to neutralize their forecheck & pressure is to take it to them and possess the puck. Need to play to win. Which the Rangers did amazingly in game 1 and 3rd period on in game 2.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Really wish Rempe was never called up

He's the fly in the ointment that could sink us

The second he becomes an undeniable game changing detriment he comes out of the lineup. It may happen, hell it may happen tonight but I understand why the coaches don't want to change anything when this exact lineup has yet to lose a game in the playoffs.

If they can't overcome a single loss then guess what? They're not that good.

Plus have you seen how goofy the end of some of these games have gotten? If we want someone to collect their pound of flesh I'd rather it be him than one of the top 9 forwards.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
My phone ran out of battery overnight. This morning I plugged it in while still half-asleep. When I came to, I pulled it from the charger and it was at 21%. So I definitely think Goodrow scores tonight.

Missed opportunity for Sean McDonough to say Andersen looks tired and needs a nap.
No sleepies Freddie!

Last edited:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Brind’Amour is making a logical change. Bringing your co-equal goaltender is only intended to get the attention of the rest of his team. I know people close to the Hurricanes and they were surprised when Andresson was given the initial playoff start. As far as I am concerned, nothing to see here.

Reactions: AirGut

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
The fact that a coach has 18 skaters to use doesn’t mean there is a mandatory way to deploy 18 skaters. An mlb manager doesn’t use all his roster players in every game. If I walked into MSG last night and asked fans to name the guys at the end of the Knicks bench who were active players, most probably wouldn’t even know their names. Let’s say the NHL came out today and said coaches are now allowed to use 25 skaters…would the coach be obligated to use 25 guys substantial minutes? Why does he have to give 18 guys substantial minutes?

It’s not like there is a version of Lav making out the lineup who is handcuffing the version of Lav who is in-game coaching. It’s the same guy. Lav obviously feels like Rempe serves a purpose. Why does it have to be for a certain amount of playing time? That’s such antiquated thinking that also doesn’t apply to any other sport. It’s so weird. Old meta adjacent in fact.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
HmxaTK2.jpeg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I feel very strongly that we win this game for no particular reason.

Part of me feels like the goalie switch burns them and we put up something like 4 on 13 shots and then Andersen gets in and continues to get shelled.

Even if they lose this game it's not the end of the world though. They're not going 16-0 and I actually want to see how they respond after being in a position where they could conceivably blow another 2-0 series lead because shit is going to hit the fan somewhere along the way.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I'm so confused by the histrionics about playing Rempe leading to the team getting too worn down. We swept in the first round. We've barely played any games the past three weeks and the other team benched all of their fourth liners during the OTs.

Also, hot take alert, but if I was taking Rempe out because of ice time concerns, the player I'm putting in is Zac Jones.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm so confused by the histrionics about playing Rempe leading to the team getting too worn down. We swept in the first round. We've barely played any games the past three weeks and the other team benched all of their fourth liners during the OTs.

Also, hot take alert, but if I was taking Rempe out because of ice time concerns, the player I'm putting in is Zac Jones.
It depends on where Chytil is.

If the better option is staring them in the face to that extent, then I understand the consternation.

That being said, none of us know exactly where Chytil is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad