Confirmed with Link: Kris Versteeg Signs PTO With Oilers

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I like it, more depth. Right shot. More competition for spots is a good thing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm all for PTO's. Not sure winger was the biggest need, but worth it regardless

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm all for PTO's. Not sure winger was the biggest need, but worth it regardless

RW was for sure. The team is thin in terms of legit contributing NHL players on RW.
If Versteeg is injury free he will help this team.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
RW was for sure. The team is thin in terms of legit contributing NHL players on RW.
If Versteeg is injury free he will help this team.

yeah exactly... we basically have eberle, and then question marks (yakupov, pulj) or guys who should be 3rd, or most likely 4th, line guys (kassian and AHL'ers)

versteeg should be able to be at least a somewhat reliable 3rd line RW you would think

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
yeah exactly... we basically have eberle, and then question marks (yakupov, pulj) or guys who should be 3rd, or most likely 4th, line guys (kassian and AHL'ers)

versteeg should be able to be at least a somewhat reliable 3rd line RW you would think

Really helpful if he PK's.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
it actually might solve our 3rd line center dilemma. Drai on a third line with maroon and Yak or Pulj getting the soft minutes is fine with me.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
love it...like I said earlier, this guy scored 15 goals last year and 38 points...that's decent stats for a 3rd line player

plus, I've heard he loved by his teammates

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Versteeg
Yak-Drai-Poolparty
Maroon-Letestu-Pak
Hendricks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I essentially have just as many questions about Versteeg as a I would Yak and Pulj. ALthough I guess the more guys you have the better shot you have at finding success.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I essentially have just as many questions about Versteeg as a I would Yak and Pulj. ALthough I guess the more guys you have the better shot you have at finding success.

Cant imagine why this would be the case.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I wish him all the best. Hope he sticks. Or at least finds gainful employment with some NHL team if it doesn't work out here.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Good stuff. It really is win-win. Either he outplays someone and earns a spot allowing us to bump players down and have more depth, or he doesn't and we lose nothing...

As I said in the rumour thread, he has never had less than 30 pts in any full season that he's played. If he's healthy, he could be a solid vet for us.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Can't lose with this move. Hopefully he sticks and makes a good contribution. On that note..

Warm it up Kris!

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Love it. Unless he forgot how to play hockey in the last couple months, he'll be a great 3rd liner.

It baffles me how he didn't get a contract this summer

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Not that Versteeg is the answer to all our woes if he sticks, but I'm starting to only worry about defence now. There really aren't glaring holes at forward or starting goaltender positions anymore.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Congrats on being demoted to the 4th line there Yakupov, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad