Injury Report: Kris Versteeg - lower body (out 3 weeks)

Nothingman*

Hey Versteeg was ok after last pre-season game..so the injury occurred in a practice or was it off ice? Can't believe it occurred in one of 's Country Club practice sessions.. Tripped while out on the Town? Or maybe this is a phantom solution to start season cap-compliant and once the slight 57K overage passes away he magically returns 100% healthy? OR maybe they want to see IF Morn can play more minutes and vo urine with impact...if no impact positively then maybe they trade him for a better role guy for the 4th line who can also pk and or enforce? So maybe this is a longer look at Morin's usefulness for the team? We played a shorter pre-season than most nil teams did so perhaps not enough evaluation time on Morin'...anyway whatever the reality or possibly fakery involved in this out of the blue injury to Versteeg,it is what it is..the truth may be out there but we probably will never learn the full truth of this very strange development nor will the lazy beat writers covering the Hawks dig deep enough to expose the when where and why of this mysterious incident.

wut?

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Hey Versteeg was ok after last pre-season game..so the injury occurred in a practice or was it off ice? Can't believe it occurred in one of 's Country Club practice sessions.. Tripped while out on the Town? Or maybe this is a phantom solution to start season cap-compliant and once the slight 57K overage passes away he magically returns 100% healthy? OR maybe they want to see IF Morn can play more minutes and vo urine with impact...if no impact positively then maybe they trade him for a better role guy for the 4th line who can also pk and or enforce? So maybe this is a longer look at Morin's usefulness for the team? We played a shorter pre-season than most nil teams did so perhaps not enough evaluation time on Morin'...anyway whatever the reality or possibly fakery involved in this out of the blue injury to Versteeg,it is what it is..the truth may be out there but we probably will never learn the full truth of this very strange development nor will the lazy beat writers covering the Hawks dig deep enough to expose the when where and why of this mysterious incident.

Or maybe he just hurt himself at practice. Observers saw him hobbling off the ice. He's injury prone. Athletes get injured.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

So mysterious he got injured IN FRONT OF THE BEAT WRITERS.

Kris Versteeg suffered a lower-body injury at Tuesday’s practice and could miss Thursday’s season-opener at Dallas. Versteeg was spotted limping off the ice midway through the on-ice workout.

http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/kris-versteeg-hurt-during-blackhawks-practice/

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Really interested to find out more about this today. Please just be something fairly minor, I was really happy with his preseason play.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Really interested to find out more about this today. Please just be something fairly minor, I was really happy with his preseason play.

Agreed, the only solace in this is that we have kids in the minors who can probably replace a lot of what we would lose in Versteeg for at least a short period of time.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No Teuvo, Q said they want him playing a lot of C in Rockford. Wasn't sure if Steeg would go on LTIR. I would think he does just to buy us some cap space down the road. (if that's how it works)

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
What would be a reason to not put someone on LTIR? Other then he could not come back for 3 1/2 weeks? He could come back for the game on the 30th?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
No Teuvo, Q said they want him playing a lot of C in Rockford. Wasn't sure if Steeg would go on LTIR. I would think he does just to buy us some cap space down the road. (if that's how it works)

Which I'm actually okay with. I totally want TT up at some point this year, but let him continue to get a better feeling of things in Rockford and then bring him up later in the year when things really start to matter. No need to rush and bring him up immediately, let's make sure he holds his own in Rockford, which I'm sure he will, and then he can find his role in the major league squad later down the road.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 36m 36 minutes ago
Don't look for a Teravainen call-up. "Right now, center ice is solid," Quenneville said. "That’s what we want him playing right now.

Kathryn Tappen

yeah whatever ****
Jun 17, 2013
I don't understand how a chronic Versteeg injury warrants so much talk about TT. We are fine down the middle. Let 86 develop in Rockford, and stop talking about him as if he is a scaled down version of God despite his excellence.

I look forward to seeing Morin for now.

Kathryn Tappen

yeah whatever ****
Jun 17, 2013
I'm excited to see him in Rockford, though. Once he understands the climate of the AHL/NHL as opposed to the Finish league, he will tear it up.

He understands it is less 'tactical' and there is more shooting involved.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Nope.

All LTIR does is allow you to call up a replacement and go over by the cap hit of the injured player. You don't get to bank any cap space if the player you call up is cheaper than the IRed player, or by not calling up anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad