Injury Report: Kris Versteeg - lower body (out 3 weeks)

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Tracey Myers‏@TramyersCSN·13 mins13 minutes ago
Q said Kris Versteeg has a lower-body injury. Said they'll re-evaluate tomorrow but "it didn't look good."

Thats pretty strong from Q.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'll wait until official word gets out about the timetable before I freak out.

Hope it's minor, as I'm pulling for a bounceback year from him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We don't even know if Versteeg will be out long enough to call up a player.

Q said he hopes he is skating by Wed. or Thurs, so I doubt he is.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
This doesn't sound good. I hope he didn't tear something in his knee.

Hawks only have 13 forwards on roster at the moment.
If Steeg has to miss time, they'll have to call somebody up.
My guess is Morin replaces him on 3rd line wing and Regin gets the call.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
If Q says it didn' look very good, they probably have to amputate Versteeg's leg. Ususally he says "its nothing serious" and it means the guy misses 2 weeks.

member 151739

Or Q can play a dman at forward. :shakehead

Rundblad at forward.

nhl_g_quenneville_200.jpg

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Probably Morin on the third line and Carcillo slots in on the 4th. This is Morin's chance right here.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hey Versteeg was ok after last pre-season game..so the injury occurred in a practice or was it off ice? Can't believe it occurred in one of 's Country Club practice sessions.. Tripped while out on the Town? Or maybe this is a phantom solution to start season cap-compliant and once the slight 57K overage passes away he magically returns 100% healthy? OR maybe they want to see IF Morn can play more minutes and vo urine with impact...if no impact positively then maybe they trade him for a better role guy for the 4th line who can also pk and or enforce? So maybe this is a longer look at Morin's usefulness for the team? We played a shorter pre-season than most nil teams did so perhaps not enough evaluation time on Morin'...anyway whatever the reality or possibly fakery involved in this out of the blue injury to Versteeg,it is what it is..the truth may be out there but we probably will never learn the full truth of this very strange development nor will the lazy beat writers covering the Hawks dig deep enough to expose the when where and why of this mysterious incident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad