Value of: Kris Letang

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
With his mediocre season and defensively irresponsible playoffs it seems Pens fans are looking to cut ties with their veteran Defenceman. Not to mention he's had many injuries that has affected his game, and seems to be prone for more injuries. At 31, he's got 4 more years at 7.25 M which is a gross overpay for what he brings these days.

Where does his value sit at right now? What would Pens fans want to get him off the team?

Reactions: hockey07278771

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
They won't trade him, but for the purposes of this thread, Leafs won't be bidding, we have offensive Dmen out the wazoo, Letang isn't the Dman the Leafs would be targeting.

Tomm

Dec 5, 2017
Scherbak, Schlemko + 2 2nds.
Only way habs do this is if pens are willing to take alzner as a dump and I don’t see the pens doing that. Personally I don’t see a need for Letang on the habs solely because he’s a RHD. They have enough of those

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
With his mediocre season and defensively irresponsible playoffs it seems Pens fans are looking to cut ties with their veteran Defenceman. Not to mention he's had many injuries that has affected his game, and seems to be prone for more injuries. At 31, he's got 4 more years at 7.25 M which is a gross overpay for what he brings these days.

Where does his value sit at right now? What would Pens fans want to get him off the team?
Call Edmonton you might be amazed at what Chiarelli will offer......

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
his value isn't that high but the pens probably shouldn't trade him.
Remember that time Shea Weber posted a Minus 5 against the sharks and got traded for Subban. HF posters have the shortest memories out of anyone ive seen. Letang having a bad series isn't going to make him un-tradeble. People always like to put an organization down after a loss. Do you think the Flyers are trading Ghost because he got wrecked? Are the Wild trading Suter because he was hurt and didn't play? Are the Blue going to trade Pietro because they missed the playoffs? Are the kings trading D0ughty because they got swept? Are the Leafs moving Rielly because they got beat? Are the Habs moving weber because they lost 40 times? Are the Flames moving Gio because they missed the playoffs, are the Avs moving Barrie because they lost? Are the Stars moving Klingberg because they didn't make the playoffs, are the Sabers trading the 1oa because they missed the playoffs? Why would Letang's value suddenly be 0 after posting near PPG in the playoffs? The mentality of some posters is really questionable after a loss.
Its as if the Predators losing means Subban gets traded, which lets face it Subban could go -10 in the Jets series / VGK series and it wouldn't matter. Players are human and don't always play 100% correctly, meaning mistakes happen. Letang's get magnified because he plays on the b2b cup winner who won without him...
Gm's are going to be lining up for his services, especially teams with lackluster scoring from the back end. Buffalo is a prime trade partner for a Letang deal. Botts wants him too, its almost just a matter of time.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He'll definitely be more valuable in real life than he is on here. The worst case scenario with Letang is that he's a #2 pure OFD who sucks defensively. If you think teams wouldn't be salivating over that, I don't know what to tell you. A bad Letang is a much better gamble for teams to fill their #1D spot than their next best option for a ton of teams.

I think if Letang gets traded, you'll probably see him moved for an similarly aged, expensive top-4 defenseman and a NHL ready D prospect as a base of the trade. I'm not sure what teams have both of those though, maybe Vancouver would do something around Edler and Stretcher for Letang as a base.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I think a package around:

Pacioretty
Petry

For

Letang
Sprong

Makes sense. Pens get a top 4 defenseman to replace Letang in Petry. 1yr earlier finishing of the contract. Pittsburgh gets another top 6 30g scorer and be able to fit it under the cap.

Montreal could use the youth and Pittsburgh try to go for a few more cups over the next couple of years.

I can’t even imagine what Pacioretty would look like next to Crosby or Malkin. Be ridiculous.

Add to either side to work it out.

Reactions: De Montreal

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

Pacioretty
Petry

For

Letang
Sprong

Makes sense. Pens get a top 4 defenseman to replace Letang in Petry. 1yr earlier finishing of the contract. Pittsburgh gets another top 6 30g scorer and be able to fit it under the cap.

Montreal could use the youth and Pittsburgh try to go for a few more cups over the next couple of years.

I can’t even imagine what Pacioretty would look like next to Crosby or Malkin. Be ridiculous.

I like this idea a lot actually from the Pens. Good idea.

Otherwise I would suggest to Edmonton for something around 10th OA.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

Pacioretty
Petry

For

Letang
Sprong

Actually, one of the better ideas I've seen on this board when it comes to an idea. Certainly wouldn't be opposed to this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad