News Article: Kris Draper, has been promoted to the Red Wings’ director of Amateur Scouting.

Christien

May 1, 2010
I’m gonna do some reading up on the new guys, but this looks very encouraging considering how good Nashville and St. Louis has drafted as of late.

Reactions: Bench

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Does anybody know of a good source/site that lists the scouting track record for each individual scout in any given year over the last 30+ yrs? Or even the last 10+ years? I'm glad to have scouts from NSH & STL.

Is this the same Jesse Wallin that we drafted ?

Reactions: lilidk

Christien

May 1, 2010
Does anybody know of a good source/site that lists the scouting track record for each individual scout in any given year over the last 30+ yrs? Or even the last 10+ years? I'm glad to have scouts from NSH & STL.

Is this the same Jesse Wallin that we drafted ?
Yup, same guy

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Great news. So glad we have a new GM who is bringing in new guys and new ideas with regard to strength and conditioning. I have no idea how it will work out but at least we are addressing areas that have been clear weaknesses and are finally making an effort to improve them.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
minor note here but I did a search for Rezmierski and Wallin on these forums to see if there were any opinions on them floating around and couldn't find anything but did discover that Rezmierski used to be the director of player personnel for Minnesota's(the state) hockey program a decade ago back before he joined Nashville

Minnesota prospects on the rise

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
some more Rezmierski stuff:

he was a north american scout with the Predators

a quote from him about Tomasino:

“He plays the way that we want to play — fast and skilled,” Predators North American Scout Ryan Rezmierski said. “He’s a real versatile forward because he can play center or wing. We really like his motor, his drive and his high hockey IQ. His top-end speed is really good. He’s still young and has time to mature into either position.”

on Tyler Moy:

Tyler’s well-rounded game jumped off the film to Predators North American scout Ryan Rezmierski.
“He was always in the right spot, and he worked hard every shift and finished his checks,” Rezmierski said. “He has a bit of everything you want at this level.”

on Adam Smith:

“Adam continued to excel all year,” Predators North American Scout Ryan Rezmierski said. “He started off playing in the OJHL, played in the Junior A Challenge, went up against some of the top competition in the world in that tournament and excelled. He went to Bowling Green State University after Christmas and took on a top-four role as a young defensemen in college and didn’t miss a beat. We just like what he brings, a well-rounded game. He can skate, is real solid defensively and he is at a good program now, at Bowling Green State, to develop.”

on Evan Smith:

"It’s a pick that’s going to pay off hopefully down the road," Predators scout Ryan Rezmierski said. "He has to fill into his body and keep working on his game, but he’s got a huge upside."

another Evan Smith quote:

“I got wind of him early in the season with (the) Victoria (Royals of the WHL), then he got hurt,” said Nashville amateur scout Ryan Rezmierski. “I tracked him once he got in the (NAHL with the Austin Bruins) and each time I saw him he was better, more complete.
“What impressed me, besides his physical gifts, was that he’s really focused on what he needs to do. He has such big upside, but he was well aware of his deficiencies. This kid could be a home run pick in time.”

a Kevin Labanc quote from way back in 2011 when he was with the ntdp:

"He was outstanding (at the festival)," said Ryan Rezmierski, the NTDP's director of player personnel. "I saw him there last year and he was good. But over the year, his game started to mature. He was dominant at that camp. He's an elite level 1995 (birth year) player that we wanted to get involved with.

"We hope we're catching him on that upswing and we can continue that development. He has big-time stick skills, (and he's) very aggressive attacking the net. He's an offensive-minded forward."

sources:
Deals beef up two Nashville Predators' drafts | Nashville Post
Sweat equity pays dividends for Preds pick Moy
Milwaukee Admirals
NAHL enjoys banner day at the 2015 NHL Draft
Colorado, Utah well represented at NHL draft
Notre Dame, USA Hockey have spots for Staten Islander Kevin Labanc - silive.com

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Great news. So glad we have a new GM who is bringing in new guys and new ideas with regard to strength and conditioning. I have no idea how it will work out but at least we are addressing areas that have been clear weaknesses and are finally making an effort to improve them.
I think it actually benefited the team that Stevie went to Tampa for a while, if he was directly promoted within the club back then and had Kenny as a boss, it would have been business as usual.

So glad Kenny left.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
If that's not the case, then I have no idea what "chief scout" means in that context. I took that to mean the two big positions, director of amateur scouting and director of pro scouting.
Maybe 1 is USA, 1 is CN
Director of Amateur Scouting Kris Draper
Chief Amateur Scout Ryan Rezmierski
Chief Amateur Scout Jesse Wallin

Reactions: NEWing
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
on Adam Smith:
“Adam continued to excel all year,” Predators North American Scout Ryan Rezmierski said. “He started off playing in the OJHL, played in the Junior A Challenge, went up against some of the top competition in the world in that tournament and excelled. He went to Bowling Green State University after Christmas and took on a top-four role as a young defensemen in college and didn’t miss a beat. We just like what he brings, a well-rounded game. He can skate, is real solid defensively and he is at a good program now, at Bowling Green State, to develop.”
I've heard that Adam Smith was a great prospect. The only knock on him was that his hands were invisible.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I’m gonna do some reading up on the new guys, but this looks very encouraging considering how good Nashville and St. Louis has drafted as of late.

I'm exited because these both organizations have had great defences for decades and hopefully get some drafting ideology behind that.

We can draft forwards.

But these sounds like finally the scouting department is rebuilded for drafting defencemen.

Reactions: NickH8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad