Krejci's Cap Hit in 2015/16 and Beyond?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Personally, I think he'll 100% be a Bruin after next season for years to come. They wouldn't have moved on from Seguin if that was the case. He took a paycut to stay in Boston on his last contract, and I think he'll take a contract similar to Bergeron's.

David Krejci*

More than 6.5. You can't compare it to Bergeron's contract, the cap will be higher going forward. This is basic salary cap 101. I hate when people come up with this idiotic idea that "We can't pay X more than Z". It's a different market, everyone's salaries are going to go up because there's more room.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
it would be great if we could sign him for 6.5, but I think its going to be 7 or even 7.25 area. I think he could ask for more, depending on how he performs next season.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
With the Canadian TV deal coming into affect, the salary cap will be around 74-76m next year. Under that cap, Krejci probably comes in around 7.5m-8m

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
At or under Bergeron money. He's a #1 center in the league but he won't get the "flashy money." He's a good fit in Boston but doesn't put up big points, and isn't anything special on the PP. I don't see him getting the big bucks.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Are you kidding me? On the open market what would make you think he would get paid less?

Look at the signings this year of toews and Kane, and the signings of 2nd and 3rd liners thus far this off sseason.

I mean with the credentials krejci has what do you think he is Worth(depending on the cap)

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Are you kidding me? On the open market what would make you think he would get paid less?

Look at the signings this year of toews and Kane, and the signings of 2nd and 3rd liners thus far this off sseason.

I mean with the credentials krejci has what do you think he is Worth(depending on the cap)

I don't see toews or Kane as comparable to krejci. Toews is a captain and Kane is an elite offensive talent. Sure there are som ridiculous deals out there but IMO he's closer to the 6ish million guys than he is to the 8+. Who is making 8.5 that you think is the model?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I don't see toews or Kane as comparable to krejci. Toews is a captain and Kane is an elite offensive talent. Sure there are som ridiculous deals out there but IMO he's closer to the 6ish million guys than he is to the 8+. Who is making 8.5 that you think is the model?

The 8.5 being in proportion to next year's cap hit?

Jadfoe

Nov 26, 2005
Canmore
Right now if you told Calgary they could have him for a 7 year 8.5 per deal, I think they'd say yes please.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Will become too expensive for the Bruins delicate cap situation. Fortunately, centre is a position of strength in the organization, so a trade should be considered.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
6.5 mill average same as Patrice. From all I have seen he is a team guy that is happy with being comfortable where he is and winning, instead of the big pay day. I am hopping him and Soderberg both get locked up to reasonable long term deals.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I'm with Bill on this one. 7 million in this market, cap should be going up, maybe the cap escalator will be used... 7 million in 3 years will look good compared to what those second tier stars will make in FA.

pentu

Jul 10, 2013
I think if he takes $7 (and he just might), he'll be doing us a big favor and leaving a lot of money on the table.

I think Bill said it best. His value is more than $7 but Krejci is a player that might leave money on the table just to stay with the organization while keeping it a strong contender. DK Could propably get $8+ on the 2015 UFA-market.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Since the Cap has gotten up since Bergeron signed, that centers like Bolland and Brassard are signing for 5.5M, that the Cap will be even higher next season, there is zero chance Krejci signs under Bergy Cap hit. If that's the case Chiarelli A- will turn into a A++.

I see him signing here between 6.5-7.25 on a 8y deal. Could get more than that on the market no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad