Proposal: Kreider to the Penguins

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
He's a player we can build around and is finally coming into his own as an elite goal scorer. If someone wants him they have to make it worth the Rangers while, that's all I'm saying.
Barring injury, he will hit 30 goals for the first time in his career. Please define elite goal scorer.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
What part of "finally coming into his own as" confused you?
An elite goal scorer should have scored 30 goals by his third year, IMHO. Kreider is what he is at this point, no light bulb in his head is going to turn him into Ovie 2.0

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
An elite goal scorer should have scored 30 goals by his third year, IMHO. Kreider is what he is at this point, no light bulb in his head is going to turn him into Ovie 2.0

Is that an official or unofficial definition of elite goal scorer?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Apparently you're still confused as to what "coming into his own as" means.

Also, if he "is what he is at this point" that just further proves my point given he's on a 35+ goal pace.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
The Pens are not the Isles or the Devils or even the Flyers to Ranger fans. The fact is, the Pens do not have the assets that would be required to interest the Rangers in moving Kreider.

Speak for yourself.

From Jagr "shooting" Richter's stick into the corner in '92, the Graves-Mario incident, the one-sided calls for decades, the uncalled slash on Drury (opening up his fave with blood everywhere) followed by a BS double minor on a high stick on a Ranger player minutes later which resulted in a Pen's win, the multiple slew foots Malkin got away with on Mara...man, even the Pen's (Mario) being rewarded Crosby...nonsense year after year.

The Pens lake of support for their team in their lean years was pathetic. It was Bettman bending over for Mario that saved them.

I hate them just as much as any team in the League.

(And though the players have matured, Torteralla's post-game comment ripping Crosby and Malkin years back was more than deserved.)

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Apparently you're still confused as to what "coming into his own as" means.

Also, if he "is what he is at this point" that just further proves my point given he's on a 35+ goal pace.
129 goals after 434 games. Only 277 more to tie Rod Gilbert for the Rags all time goal scoring title.
Was there an era where 24 goals a year was considered elite?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Goddamn, I would give up an organ to see Kreider as a Penguin.

For many reasons it'll never happen, through. At least not via trade. Nor should it, if the Rangers have any brains.

Reactions: domaug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad