Proposal: Kreider to the Penguins

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I realize NYR would want a premium to part with Kreider with a year left on his deal - to a division rival no less - but he'd be worth a good price.

What sort of a deal would Rangers fans be looking for?

1st in 2019, Hallander, and...

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Would love Kreider. Really doubt the Rangers trade him to us though.

I doubt they trade anyone to us for that matter but I would love to get one or two of Hayes, Zucc, or Kreider.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
A top ten pick or top echelon prospect to start.

Yes, I realize that's a high price and probably unreasonable but there's no incentive to move him for anything less.

Probably. I don't think there's any precedent for a team giving up a future of that calibre for a player like Kreider with only a playoff run plus a year left on his deal.

But I understand why a team would get attached to a player like Kreider.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Probably. I don't think there's any precedent for a team giving up a future of that calibre for a player like Kreider with only a playoff run plus a year left on his deal.

But I understand why a team would get attached to a player like Kreider.

He's a player we can build around and is finally coming into his own as an elite goal scorer. If someone wants him they have to make it worth the Rangers while, that's all I'm saying.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah, I agree with those who said the Pens don't really have the type of assets that'd make me want to move Kreider. Very early pick or blue chip prospect would make me think about it, nothing else really.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
It's the fact its the Penguins that makes this deal hard. Kreider is worth quite a bit, and to trade him to a divisional rival you'd need to add even more. It'd be cheaper for Pittsburgh to go get a winger elsewhere unless they felt they absolutely needed to overpay for Kreider.

If he filled some gaping need on the team then maybe you pay it, but I don't think he solves any glaring problem in a way that would make the Pens pay what it would take to get him.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
It's the fact its the Penguins that makes this deal hard. Kreider is worth quite a bit, and to trade him to a divisional rival you'd need to add even more. It'd be cheaper for Pittsburgh to go get a winger elsewhere unless they felt they absolutely needed to overpay for Kreider.

If he filled some gaping need on the team then maybe you pay it, but I don't think he solves any glaring problem in a way that would make the Pens pay what it would take to get him.

They certainly have to make the best offer. Because tie goes to the out-of-division team. But as stated above, I don't think the Pens have the assets.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
They certainly have to make the best offer, but as stated above, I don't think the Pens have the assets.

I'm not super familiar with their prospect pool but I think even if they have the assets, why make an offer? They are one of the better powerplay teams in the league, so they don't have a glaring need for his net-front skills. Outside of that he scores mostly off the rush, where outside of breakout passes Crosby/Malkin's elite play making isn't as big a contributor as a goalscorer who is a trigger-man. I just won't see the need for them outside of the fact he's a player most teams would want to have.

A team like Nashville with a terrible powerplay would make more sense. Put him in front of the net for Subban and Josi on the PP and now he's filling a need.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

The Pens are not the Isles or the Devils or even the Flyers to Ranger fans. The fact is, the Pens do not have the assets that would be required to interest the Rangers in moving Kreider.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah, I agree with those who said the Pens don't really have the type of assets that'd make me want to move Kreider. Very early pick or blue chip prospect would make me think about it, nothing else really.

this^.
You could sweeten the pot and do something added like
Schultz
for
Smith

but you STILL needed a primo nut to start with, high pick or uber-blue chip
late 1sts don't cut it for Kreider

If Pens can accept it is a competitive bid, Hayes, being viewed as a rental, is an option, or Zuc, who might re-sign on a reasonable deal

but Kreider is horse of a different color

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad