Value of: Kreider or Buchnevich to SJ

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Buch would probably take at least Labanc, and Kreider probably a solid prospect +1st or 2nd

I don't know why NYR would want to move Buch. Plus, if we moved Labanc (value aside) for him it would basically still leave a hole on the roster. Both the teams are cap strapped. I would think it would have to be picks + prospects for the Rangers since they cannot take on salary.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Yeah I can’t see NYR trading Buch at all. Seems like he is going to fit with their long term plans

I don't know why NYR would want to move Buch. Plus, if we moved Labanc (value aside) for him it would basically still leave a hole on the roster. Both the teams are cap strapped. I would think it would have to be picks + prospects for the Rangers since they cannot take on salary.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Kreider would be a good fit on the Sharks. I think it'd cost a pick, a mid level prospect and possibly Labanc.

I maybe in the minority but I value Labanc higher than Kreider given the combination of age, contract status and AAV. Kreider is a better player but the difference between them is not enough in my opinion to offset the other advantages that Labanc brings.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Kreider would be a good fit on the Sharks. I think it'd cost a pick, a mid level prospect and possibly Labanc.
Wouldn’t give up Labanc straight up for Krieder. He’s a good player but signed at 4.5Mish for one more year. Moving Labanc for Krieder is just counter productive.

Reactions: WSS11

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Well so far this has been Sharks fans saying they don't want to pay that much for them so I don't know if there's a deal to be made lol.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ok how about this. 2021 first, Alex true and Zachary Emond for Buch. Tell me if I’m super off
Sometimes just stacking things up doesn't make a team want to do something. In this case I don't think picks 2 years out are worth a lot. And while I like Emond, NYR don't really need a G prospect.

You have to ask yourself: does this beat out other offers from teams that might be offering pieces that the other team actually needs? In this case I think there are a lot of other teams that would make an offer that the Rangers liked better.

Reactions: bernmeister

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Ok how about this. 2021 first, Alex true and Zachary Emond for Buch. Tell me if I’m super off

The Rangers should not be interested in trading Buch.
He is an RFA and likely will be bridged to a decent deal.

Kreider costs a 2020 1st plus a pretty decent prospect.
I'd be willing to go a top level prospect and a cond. 2nd that turns into a first if he resigns.

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
I dont think SJ signed Labanc to that great contract just to trade him. Can they fit Kreider under their cap. I dont see the Rangers retain on Krieder unless the return is fantastic.
That said, a first round pick plus a couple of prospects should work. I know the Sharks have a couple of kids they consider almost untouchable but they have several later round picks who seem to be outperforming those expectations. The Rangers could use some more forwards in the pipeline.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
The Rangers should not be interested in trading Buch.
He is an RFA and likely will be bridged to a decent deal.

Kreider costs a 2020 1st plus a pretty decent prospect.
I'd be willing to go a top level prospect and a cond. 2nd that turns into a first if he resigns.
Well see those prices are ridiculous for a team that doesn’t have a choice but to get rid of someone and the guy who’s 28 with an expiring contract. If that’s the cost then DW won’t make the deal.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I know the Sharks have a couple of kids they consider almost untouchable but they have several later round picks who seem to be outperforming those expectations. The Rangers could use some more forwards in the pipeline.

I'd go as far as to say the Sharks have a slew of underrated forward prospects with NHL potential currently in the system. They definitely have too many to fit on their AHL club and are going to need to send a guy or two back to have their overage CHL year and a guy or two going to Europe.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I would think Gorton would want a 1st and a prospect for Kreider. I doubt Buchnevich is moved. If Buchnevich was to be moved, I’d want Lebanc.
Sharks will not be trading Labanc. Getting rid of him for an okay upgrade doesn’t help our forward situation and gets rid of one of the sharks future leaders and a serious team player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad