• Love it!

• Like it

• Indifferent

• Don't like it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Terrible, just downright terrible. As much as I’ve always liked Kreider, this is going to hurt.

I don’t expect much from him those last two contract years, and since Kreider usually only shows up for half of a season anyway, they just practically invested 45,5 million into 2,5 years of Kreider.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
Love it. I think it’s a step back if we had traded him. This is a playoff team with Shesterkin the whole year. Next year would be a disaster without Kreider. The return would have been underwhelming anyways. Next year with a more experienced defense and ShesterKing (yea, there’s a new king in New York) is gonna be rediculous!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Happy he is back. The extra year could be tough but the cap hit is manageable. I can now delete all my sad Mikachu gifs.

Reactions: Siddi

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
They’ll regret this one. You overpay elite players. That next tier almost always become albatross deals. I’ll feel better if they trade Buch for a nice package.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Gorton officially got got by one hot streak spearheaded by the guy who is out for the year anyway. This is pointless now that Igor is done.

These extensions for non-elite players that are approaching 30 never ever ever ever work out and are huge regrets by year 2-3.

And to cap it off where is the cap space to re-sign DeAngelo? Lemieux? I swear if Gorton has to trade Tony D because of this..

They have been talking to Kreider for months so this isn't to do with Shesterkin. They will move other pieces to make cap room.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
If the Rangers trade Skjei, then it's easier to swallow for sure. Stats aside, you have to credit Kreider for his handling of our prospects and I would assume will continue to impact guys like Chytil, Kakko, Kravtsov, etc.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Love it. I think it’s a step back if we had traded him. This is a playoff team with Shesterkin the whole year. Next year would be a disaster without Kreider. The return would have been underwhelming anyways. Next year with a more experienced defense and ShesterKing (yea, there’s a new king in New York) is gonna be rediculous!
Absolutely. I think this confirms that the return was probably gonna be shit and not worth losing a player like CK for

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Hoping for a very favorable buyout for the 7th year. Front load the crap out of it.

Time will tell on this. If the Rangers win or Kreider becomes more of the guy we've seen for the last 20 games as opposed to the first 20, then it's a good deal. If Kreider remains the guy who gets hot for 30 games and is largely invisible otherwise, it's not a great move.

Then of course we have to see who else gets shuffled around in order to accommodate this. $9M to sign ADA, Strome, Lemmy, and possibly Georgie isn't gonna cut it.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
this is an unexpected twice....i was fully prepared for the non-stop whining about the terrible return we got in a trade cause JG waited to long and ruined the rebuild. but he threw us a curveball and now its non-stop complaining about how this signing ruined the rebuild. good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad