• Love it!

• Like it

• Indifferent

• Don't like it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
It’s a compromise. He took less money for one more year. I mean i would have loved 6 for 6.5 or even 6.75 but I knew there would have to be some compromise. Let’s be honest the offers they were getting were probably shit compared to the player they would be losing

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Some bad takes in here that would have been equally bad if we traded him.

Based on the offers we heard we weren't getting a decent offer back. I agree with keeping him. Yes the term is long but its they price they paid for less AAV.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Glad Kreider is staying around. He’s the only guy from the old mid 2010s guard I would have re-signed. Can’t trade everyone.

Hope this place gets their hate out of their system now because if I have to read constant lamenting about Gorton caving on one year of a contract I’m probably just gonna avoid this place.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Absolutely terrible. No foresight by Gorton at all.

Never going to re-sign all our young players in the future. Oh and all the better when Mika is up for his contract, probably won't be able to sign him either.

But hey, we got 50 point Mr Inconsistent for 7 year who will be declining halfway through his contract.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
My heart is happy to have him back, but my head is unhappy with the terms.

The AAV is spot on. The duration is two years too long.

Let's see what the NM provisions are...
No way in hell you were signing him for 5 years that would have been a low ball offer. 6 years would have been the best

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
There is no caving. It is called a compromise. He came down in dollars and the team went up in years.

Disagree, giving 7 years to 29 year old power forward whose game is based on speed should’ve been a non-starter period. In a hard cap league, cap flexibility is very important, this signing will be regretful in a few years, trust me.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Is there some data to show that there's a huge drop off in play between age 35 and 36? I don't understand why everyone was fine with 6 years but is going crazy with 7.
Ya it’s dumb. And this isn’t some mega contract that’s completely immoveable. If he sucks in those years, it won’t be that hard to deal with. 6.5M aav in 5 years will be nothing.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
It's an awful decision even without knowing what the clauses are. With the prices that were being paid today for UFA rentals, trading him was a no brainer.

Not to mention that the main reason the team is even sniffing the playoffs right now was just injured in a car accident last night and will be out of the lineup for weeks. This team is not making the playoffs without Igor in net. Trade Kreider for assets and say we'll talk to you in July

Reactions: Lias Andersson

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Especially with the Buch and Shesty stuff happening, WHY WOULD YOU EVER f***ING DO THIS?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is there some data to show that there's a huge drop off in play between age 35 and 36? I don't understand why everyone was fine with 6 years but is going crazy with 7.
No because when he starts his decline in year 2-3 at least we could have said, Oh it's ok, we only have 2 more years, now we will be stuck with 4.

Reactions: UnSandvich

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Gorton officially got got by one hot streak spearheaded by the guy who is out for the year anyway. This is pointless now that Igor is done.

These extensions for non-elite players that are approaching 30 never ever ever ever work out and are huge regrets by year 2-3.

And to cap it off where is the cap space to re-sign DeAngelo? Lemieux? I swear if Gorton has to trade Tony D because of this..

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Yeah, I was ok with this till I heard about Shesty. He's going to fizzle in a few years, and will be impossible to move. I was in favor of "keeping the band together", but we lost a huge opportunity to continue to build with a Kreider trade. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad