• Indifferent

• Don't like it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
OliverDobson straight up throwing out hot takes in this thread like candy on Halloween.

Right, because I'm taking a careers worth of elite play from Crosby, Malkin, Bergeron, Toews and Kopitar over Zibanejad and his sample size of 140 games, that makes me an Islanders fan.

Zibanejad still isn't a top 10 player in this league no matter how badly we all want him to be. But he is definitely on an upwards trajectory and sooner than later will surpass some guys like Marchand, Bergeron and Kane who are in the final years of their peak while Zib is just hitting his.

McDavid
MacKinnon
Draisaitl
Matthews
OV
Crosby
Barkov
Pastrnark
Kucherov
Kane
Marchand
Bergeron
Panarin

Are all better, among a few others, at this exact moment in time.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
If he’d waive, I’d see if the bruins would take him for nothing. Wasn’t a great contract from the start, and with a flat cap and then getting lafreniere to make Kreider our 3lw long term, it’s looking even worse now

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Sometimes it feels like you should almost never extend any player long term once he's 30

nope, unless it’s short term imo. Somebody like Panarin won’t lose that rocket shot. A Kreider, the power forward without a great shot concerns me.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't even worry so much about the production. That has always come and gone with him.

This is a player who should be impactful even when he isn't scoring. He's been floating, soft, unengaged for most of the season. He had a better 3rd period tonight (until the end) which included a pretty monster shift where he created 2 turnovers and pasted Pelech. That shit should not be negotiable with him, that should be the norm. I'll live with the streaky scoring as long as those other elements show up on a regular basis.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think we have to live with the fact that Kreider is always going to be inconsistent. What we need is for the coaching staff to hold him accountable when he is like they did earlier tonight before they put him back in in ot, if he stinks he doesn't play simple as that, grind it out on the 4th line.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He looks good on the 4th line and the 4th line looks good on him. Keep him there. Bring in Gauthier. Put whoever you want at center. With the way he has played no way he should be starting on the first line tuesday but he probably will.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
He looks good on the 4th line and the 4th line looks good on him. Keep him there. Bring in Gauthier. Put whoever you want at center. With the way he has played no way he should be starting on the first line tuesday but he probably will.
Kreider-Rooney-Gauthier is a beastly fourth line. That would require the coach to make two correct lineup decisions though. No way that happens.

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad