Recalled/Assigned: Kreider and Mashinter recalled to Rangers

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think Pouliot shouldn't even be playing next game. He doesn't deserve it. Him + Zuccarello. Also, if he wasn't so necessary, I think Girardi should be benched too.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Pouliot had his best game of his season last time out so I'm willing to let him stay in the lineup but he definitely needs to pick it up. Pyatt needs to pick it up. Zuccarello hasn't contributed at all. Moore isn't going to help much on this team. I want to see Kristo get a shot, Lindberg too. Mashinter has earned a look and Kreider should take the opportunity MZA was given. I'd rather see the kids struggle while learning what it's like to play at NHL speeds than hope aging veterans (who were never that good in the first place) turn it around.

BarbaraAlphanse

Could see CK showcasing rumors being true.

CK for Zibby swap? Even better in my opinion is the MDZ for Zibby swap.

I just like Zibby a lot...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Trading Kreider would be a seriously terrible decision by the FO.

The one thing the Rangers seriously lack is top-6 speed and skill. The one thing Kreider can become in this league is a top 6 speed and skill winger.

Talk about no patience.

What's a team need besides top-6 help right now that we should trade Kreider for?

Wolfy*

I hope Kreider fights. They need some grit, right now they're playing girl hockey.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider may have his flaws or areas of opportunity in his game, but right now the rangers dont have much else to work with. As long as Kreidee is getting top 6 minutes with the big club then it really isnt a detriment to his development. He really cant hurt the team any more than they already are hurting. He can only help with his offensive capabilities

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
Wtf where is Haley? This really grinds my gears. Not going to get my hopes up with Kreider.

How many 4th liners do they need? They already added Moore to Boyle. Haley was an Islander stiff. He's an AHLer. Mashinter is probably too. Unless he stays away from dumb penalties, it's a waste. He'll finish checks and fight. They do have a need for toughness. Just not idiocy.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Trading Kreider would be a seriously terrible decision by the FO.

The one thing the Rangers seriously lack is top-6 speed and skill. The one thing Kreider can become in this league is a top 6 speed and skill winger.

Talk about no patience.

What's a team need besides top-6 help right now that we should trade Kreider for?

What if Kreider fetches something attractive in return that would immediately help?

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
Mash doesn't bring too much IMO. Think he is an AHLer now and in the future. CK needs more seasoning. Given the injuries, these moves make sense, but I'd almost rather have Asham and Haley up because they can step in and play right away.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Hope he does well. Expecting nothing. Keep your head up and your feet moving Chris.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I think Pouliot shouldn't even be playing next game. He doesn't deserve it. Him + Zuccarello. Also, if he wasn't so necessary, I think Girardi should be benched too.

Okay, so you bench Zucc and Pouliot. Who plays?

I don't disagree that they have done little to deserve a spot as of now, but what does bringing up NHL unready kids like Lindberg, Kristo or more fourth liners like Haley do to help the team? You'll already have Kreider, Miller and Fast up there, neither of them look 100% ready at this point.

Might as well keep them, give them sheltered minutes and hope they can contribute until Hags, Cally, Nash are ready to go.

Championship*

Immediate help? That's not what this team needs. It needs long term help.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Stop coaching Pat.

Kreider may not be, either, but the Rangers owe it to him and themselves to pressure their highly touted 2009 first-round pick to prove himself. Skating Kreider on a top line with center Derek Stepan and left wing Brad Richards at Monday’s practice, therefore, only made sense. It is a simple, logical, proposed solution to a team deficiency.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...kreider-prove-article-1.1492110#ixzz2iRo9CHHo

Kreider has played more playoff games(26) than regular season games(23).

Pat views Kreider as the savior. :help:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I just hope they keep him on that line the entire game as well as the next no matter the result.

It would be huge for this organization if he pulled it all together now.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
How is it "lazy", when it's true? Are you arguing that people on this board are more knowledgeable than a veteran hockey coach of like 20 years? Give me a break. AV probably liked what he saw, and decided he should be in the NHL to help the team. Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Post makes tons of sense. You said that bc Av made the decision any fans who disagree are wrong bc they aren't as knowledgable as AV. Last time I checked in with reality fans disagree with coaches all the time and a lot of times coaches can be wrong so why is this a magical situation where the coach is automatically right? He COULD be right, Ck COULD be ready. But it might also be a case where he needed an extended stay in the AHL and it's pretty reasonable to think this way based on the last year and a half. Like I said though why let reality get in the way of your lazy generalization?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Can we stop with the implication that all the Rangers needed to do to fix their scoring woes was draft Vladimir ****ing Tarasenko? Dear lord. The guy was passed up by like 18 other teams for a reason you know. It's easy to ***** about the pick in hindsight (for the record, I did not want Tarasenko), but the pick was only a "mistake" in that three years later, a hole that he would've filled is open. The Rangers of then weren't a scoring machine either, but for a John Tortorella team, would an enigmatic Russian have been what Sather wanted for his team? The scouting staff + Sather are not a group of stupid sieves just picked off the side of the road (although sometimes I wonder), they know the picks and prospects. I freaking love McIlrath and when he's breaking faces in the NHL, I seriously don't want to hear it from you guys that he's great. The 2003 draft and 2007 draft there's nothing to say, you're right. But wow, the McI hate will never end will it?

He only said the pick was a mistake it wasn't an implication that Vlad would magically fix our scoring woes. You don't seem to be reading well...You also seem to be making massive leaps and generalizations it's very lazy

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
I hope Kreider fights. They need some grit, right now they're playing girl hockey.

Me too. Hopefully Kreider also takes a turn in goal when Hank needs a blow. And Mashinter is put on a line with Stepan and Richards.

Perhaps Kreider can also do some GM'ing after the game.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Would be awesome if Kreider fought Rinaldo or some other ******** from Flyers right. No seriously it would be nice he can be aggressive on the forecheck and use his size and speed to his advantage and make a case for himself to stay up.

Championship*

What the hell would Kreider fighting do? The answer is absolutely nothing. Kreider needs to worry about scoring points. "I hope he gets into a fight?" That is a ludicrous statement.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Play the kids. Nothing to lose right now and may as well get them some NHL experience while we've got the room on the roster to do it.

When Hags, Cally, and Nash return... assuming everyone is healthy, then you run with the expected crew and whoever did best. See if the season is salvageable at that point. I'm not talking about squeaking into the playoffs and being handed an embarrassing first round exit, but if they've turned things around and shown some consistency then by all means make a play for it.

In the meantime let's see what the youth can do. Kreider, Miller, Fast, Lindberg, Kristo, Hrivik and maybe even McIlrath. The future of the organization. A knee-jerk right now achieves nothing and the FO's main goal will definitely continue to be making the playoffs and getting that revenue. Until it really seems like too much a gamble, or that it's completely out of the realm of possibilities we won't see much of anything happen. Nothing significant.

It's boring for us as fans, I know, but it's the way it will be for now and it's the way it should be for now. Adjustments here and there, waiting for injuries to end, continuing to adapt to a new coach and getting some home games in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad