GDT: Kraken vs Panthers, 12 Dec

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Fell asleep and missed the third... :confused:

1702477785145.png

Love seeing Evans near the top of that graph again. 4 games into the 6 game homestand, feels like he's made a solid case that he belongs.

Reactions: kihei

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Yeah, Kauai, are you kidding? But, hey, Italy and Spain are just fine. May I recommend the Amalfi Coast in Italy and Valencia in Spain.

I've been to Kauai. I definitely enjoyed it, but I'm not really a "repeat island guy". I've done it all on that island.

Won’t be able to get to Valencia, really just going to Catalunya whilst in Spain (Barcelona, Girona, Figueres, Tarragona) but Amalfi is on the agenda for Italy for sure. Doing Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Amalfi.

On the Hockey front... Beniers was a beast in or near the neutral zone last night. The dude was swiping pucks left and right. He's really quite good at that aspect of the game. It is part of what makes up for the poor faceoff %. At least we have a guy who is good at getting the puck back.

As for Evans, in what little of the game I watch, I was paying attention to him and I'll say, he's quite smart and seems to be a very effective skater. I think he's got a real future.

Reactions: kihei

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
A couple observations...

Dumo/Evans led defensive pairings in 5v5 ice time, beating Dunn/Larsson (15:34 vs 15:27). So cool to see Hak giving Evans so much run during these last 4 games, would absolutely love to see him stick but am not sure an obvious path forward for that to happen.

Really thought the McCann / Gourde / Eberle group looked fluid and dangerous when together on the PP in the 2nd, and was surprised to see they had no time together 5v5. Gourde did lead forwards in "all situations" TOI and won 14 of 20 faceoffs (!). Feels like whenever a high danger scoring chance pops up, McCann is in or around the play. Maybe because Schwartz has been out for a few games, but McCann continues to be my "low key team MVP" so far this season.

Moneypuck has D'Accord with a "Goals Saved Above Expected" of 2.7, so not just the eye test that he played a strong game. Bit of a grimace moment in the 2nd when he took that shot up high and then fell forward as if stung, glad it was nothing serious.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad