Kraken vs. Canucks

Who will have more wins? Kraken V. Canucks

• Total voters

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
I know most people think that this years season is a true representation of the Canucks, but I do not. They were getting incrementally better each year up until last season...

You think breaking .500 after 6 years is progress?

I don't want a .500 team.

I want the team that kicked the rest of the NHL's ass every single night.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
You think breaking .500 after 6 years is progress?

I don't want a .500 team.

I want the team that kicked the rest of the NHL's ass every single night.
Dont forget. Only a .500 team until our literal god mode goalie got injured. Then we started the free fall.

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
Dont forget. Only a .500 team until our literal god mode goalie got injured. Then we started the free fall.

Developing great goalies has been one of our better accomplishments as of late.

Of course Aquaman screwed that up too by cheapening out on one of the games best goaltending coaches. Hope I am wrong but if Canucks lose IC Demko's overall game could slip.

Reactions: AppleHoneySauce

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yah. I don't see teams being as stupid with Seattle and gifting them top-six forwards for nothing. But I do think with the analytics staff they have, they'll identify some undervalued players and have a competitive squad. I think it'll be close though. I see Vancouver and Seattle as bubble teams who will be scrapping to make the playoffs.

The question about who will be better going forward...well that's pretty obvious. The Canucks franchise is facing another rebuild, so go Kraken!

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yah. I don't see teams being as stupid with Seattle and gifting them top-six forwards for nothing. But I do think with the analytics staff they have, they'll identify some undervalued players and have a competitive squad. I think it'll be close though. I see Vancouver and Seattle as bubble teams who will be scrapping to make the playoffs.

The question about who will be better going forward...well that's pretty obvious. The Canucks franchise is facing another rebuild, so go Kraken!
Agree. They’ll start off in the same tier, but eventually it’ll be no contest. Francis + Seattle ownership absolutely shits on Francesco + Jimbo when it comes to running a team

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Yeah.

What Florida / Tallon did with Vegas' expansion should be a criminal offense.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Said it in the Seattle forums.

Seattle should throw EP a 9.5mil x 5 year offersheet. If the Canucks opt not to match, Seattle gives up 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd for a legitimate 1C which is good value.

Benning would probably be forced to match which would leave Vancouver with 5.2mil of cap space to re-sign Hughes and sign 7 roster players (4 forwards and 3 defensemen). This is where Benning will be forced to dump guys to Seattle for picks and prospects. Can you imagine if Benning gives Seattle the 2022 or 2023 1st round pick to take someone like Holtby or Eriksson? LOL.

Keep in mind. There is no guarantee Beagle and Ferland are LTIR'ed next year. Could see Ferland trying to come back.
Offer sheets aren’t really a thing. Old boys club and all. But that bounty of picks would be a nice haul for the Canucks

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yeah.

What Florida / Tallon did with Vegas' expansion should be a criminal offense.

What Tallon did to that club in such a short time is unfathomably bad lmao. The Computer Boys had them trending up, and once he was gone again the Computer Boys got the Cats back to competitive status.

Any competent brass in the Canucks organization should be calling Cam Lawrence, Josh Weissbock, and Rhys Jessop right now and putting them on the payroll. And BG for that matter. Of course, they're idiots, so they won't.

I suspect Seattle will be making some more additions to their analytics staff.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
What Tallon did to that club in such a short time is unfathomably bad lmao. The Computer Boys had them trending up, and once he was gone again the Computer Boys got the Cats back to competitive status.

Any competent brass in the Canucks organization should be calling Cam Lawrence, Josh Weissbock, and Rhys Jessop right now and putting them on the payroll. And BG for that matter. Of course, they're idiots, so they won't.
I can't understand for the life of me why the Panthers wouldn't have renewed them. They were basically proven right nearly overnight.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
As silly as this sounds I'm hoping Kraken. Just so we can finally hit rock bottom and the fury is too great that Aquaman is removed kicking and screaming with Benning in tow out the door.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
As long as the team isn't legit pissed off at Benning to the point that they suck next season to get him out, I think Vancouver's better... for that reason I'll probably pick Seattle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad