Kraken vs. Canucks

Who will have more wins? Kraken V. Canucks

• Total voters

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
I'd like to see how the offseason plays out before answering. There's a lot of work to be done by both orgs, but with the new that Benning will likely be back...I guess I'd lean Seattle for now?

Reactions: supercanuck

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Seattle will be a better run organization from the get go. It’s going to be so embarrassing.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think Seattle will be an better run organization. But I don’t think they’ll win more games than the Canucks next year. I think a lot of teams learned from the Vegas draft, and I don’t think Seattle will get as good a team.

I think they will get an extremely good defensive core - but the forward and goaltending options are nowhere near as generous as it was with Vegas.

IMO.

Reactions: Canucker

BrilliantBroReferee

May 18, 2021
I think Seattle will be an better run organization. But I don’t think they’ll win more games than the Canucks next year. I think a lot of teams learned from the Vegas draft, and I don’t think Seattle will get as good a team.

I think they will get an extremely good defensive core - but the forward and goaltending options are nowhere near as generous as it was with Vegas.

IMO.
After all that transpired during Jim's tenure, nothing woud surprise me. Jim/Fredo could always do some more damage. Who is the "Tom Hagen" of the family? He needs to set Fredo straight.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Canucks get more wins next season. The Knights first year was a fluke and didn’t happen because of the expansion draft rules. The Kraken will surpass the Canucks very quickly though. The front office they’re building is quite impressive.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I'd like to see how the offseason plays out before answering. There's a lot of work to be done by both orgs, but with the new that Benning will likely be back...I guess I'd lean Seattle for now?

Agreed. If the core stays intact, this team will be middling in an awful Pacific division. However, I feel there will be some fall out from this even worse than what happened at the beginning of this season (i.e. player mutiny, players asking to be traded, prolonged contract negotiations with EP/QH, etc). If that's the case then we could conceivably be drafting Wright in 2022.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Even if organizations have learned from the Vegas experience, there is still going to be good players available so that Seattle has a solid, deep roster, if not real superstars (though they could sign someone), so I think Seattle will be competing for a play-off spot. I believe the Canucks will take a step forward from last year, and establish themselves as a solid play-off contender. There's just too much talent there not to, so gotta go with the Canucks here.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Im now getting paranoid the league made a deal with the Canucks to keep the worst GM possible into this season so that a lot of the fans of the Canucks would jump ship so it would create a dynamic rivalry between the two teams with already probably a few Canucks fans in Seattle and thru the incredible incompetence of the Canucks the last seven years its easy to get a few Kracken fans here too. I mean obviously not, but haha

As for the poll haha cmon Seattle of course because:

benning_jim.jpg

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
Even if organizations have learned from the Vegas experience, there is still going to be good players available so that Seattle has a solid, deep roster, if not real superstars (though they could sign someone), so I think Seattle will be competing for a play-off spot. I believe the Canucks will take a step forward from last year, and establish themselves as a solid play-off contender. There's just too much talent there not to, so gotta go with the Canucks here.

A competitive Seattle team will have Frankie losing his blueberries.

Canucks have too many holes to fill and not enough money or prospects to fill them. Maybe Podz will help but he is not NHL proven yet. Expect more cheap contract players like Vessey/Boyd/Hawryluk/Graovac/etc to fill spaces.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Said it in the Seattle forums.

Seattle should throw EP a 9.5mil x 5 year offersheet. If the Canucks opt not to match, Seattle gives up 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd for a legitimate 1C which is good value.

Benning would probably be forced to match which would leave Vancouver with 5.2mil of cap space to re-sign Hughes and sign 7 roster players (4 forwards and 3 defensemen). This is where Benning will be forced to dump guys to Seattle for picks and prospects. Can you imagine if Benning gives Seattle the 2022 or 2023 1st round pick to take someone like Holtby or Eriksson? LOL.

Keep in mind. There is no guarantee Beagle and Ferland are LTIR'ed next year. Could see Ferland trying to come back.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The Canucks franchise is too miserable to actually be a lottery team when there are players like Wright, Bedard and Michkov in the upcoming drafts.

We'll finish fifth in the division above Anaheim, Seattle and one of San Jose or LA. The next season we'll finish 6th ahead of Seattle and one of those two teams. Seattle will get at least one of those three players who will torment the Canucks for the next 15 years and Anaheim will probably get the other.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
A competitive Seattle team will have Frankie losing his blueberries.

Canucks have too many holes to fill and not enough money or prospects to fill them. Maybe Podz will help but he is not NHL proven yet. Expect more cheap contract players like Vessey/Boyd/Hawryluk/Graovac/etc to fill spaces.

I know most people think that this years season is a true representation of the Canucks, but I do not. They were getting incrementally better each year up until last season...
2019-20NHLVancouver Canucks*693627678.5650.13-0.034th of 8Lost NHL Second Round
2018-19NHLVancouver Canucks8235361181.494-0.350.015th of 8
2017-18NHLVancouver Canucks8231401173.445-0.510.057th of 8
2016-17NHLVancouver Canucks823043969.421-0.730.017th of 7
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Then this seasons huge fall back. Imo it is more likely the unique circumstances of the season affected the team, whereas had this been a normal season, the progression would have had them at an even higher point percentage and comfortably making the play-offs.

Hoglander and Podkolzin give the Canucks the depth to ice a very good second line. Better depth than 19/20, and guys like Hughes and Pettersson will be a few more years older, so I believe we will see good progression from 19/20, and the Canucks well within the play-off threshold.

Seattle will be a borderline team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad