GDT: Kraken @ Vegas

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Who's the better Expansion team? Well not Vegas
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We are 1-5-0 against them and they have had SC appearances.

We are definitely heading the right way though. I like how this team is built already, we have pretty good prospects in our pipelines and have 4 picks in the top-2 rounds in the 2023 draft.

Kind of funny of how all the non-Kraken fans coming to shit on us last season just disappeared. Not one has come to credit Francis for how the team in built.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We are 1-5-0 against them and they have had SC appearances.

We are definitely heading the right way though. I like how this team is built already, we have pretty good prospects in our pipelines and have 4 picks in the top-2 rounds in the 2023 draft.

Kind of funny of how all the non-Kraken fans coming to shit on us last season just disappeared. Not one has come to credit Francis for how the team in built.
Hopefully the team can make all those who laughed at the Kraken last year disappear even further into obscurity.

Hard to argue with what he has done now.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Was a hell of a road win.
What was wrong with Vegas?
Congrats on the win, you were definately better team tonight and absolutely deserved the W.

In answer to your question from a vegas perspective... we don't put it in the effort. You guys had a great hard working game, we tonight and most of this season to be frank seem to be done with the whole hard work thing as part of our identity and seem to be coasting on talent alone. We've been fortunate so far, but I don't think we've out worked a team this season.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Congrats on the win, you were definately better team tonight and absolutely deserved the W.

In answer to your question from a vegas perspective... we don't put it in the effort. You guys had a great hard working game, we tonight and most of this season to be frank seem to be done with the whole hard work thing as part of our identity and seem to be coasting on talent alone. We've been fortunate so far, but I don't think we've out worked a team this season.

I remember thinking that Cassidy was a good hire for Vegas, is this on him at all then? There are multiple superstars on that team and they should be ready to work.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I remember thinking that Cassady was a good hire for Vegas, is this on him at all then? There are multiple superstars on that team and they should be ready to work.
I like his strategies a lot more, still some teething problems with them, but they are better than DeBeor, The effort I think comes down to the leadership and players on the ice, both in Gallant and Debeors tenures there were large patches of time where the team put in no effort, and I think patches was probably right with his country club locker room comments.

That said I was baffled with Cassidy when he mixed up the lines and we looked halfway decent, to then mix them back to what wasn't working.

Reactions: sigma six

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022

The Kraken are basically the same team except for the 4 "Big"additions and having Schwartz and Tanev back from injuries is huge. And having a budding Star like Beniers helps big time too and he's learning all his lessons well and thriving. That and the Kraken didn't start on the road for "30" games. That was brutal

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
The Golden Knights when facing the Kraken last night.
giphy.gif

Overall great effort by the team and a deserved win in Vegas, giving us the first win against the Golden tin cans.
Team didn't give the Knights much to work with and that third

Don’t like the fact Gru is starting. Just made your odds of winning against the team in front you that much tougher. Hope our guys have a scoring barrage like vs the Sharks the other night.

I didn’t see a thread started so mods feel free to edit, merge, or delete this.

1) Gru was good, just like in his last start at Colorado.
He had a .19 goals saved above % as well, if I read that correctly.

2) Martin Jones should never get a start against the Vegas Golden Knights given that he was pulled in a third of his starts(he started over 30 against them) and hardly ever won against them

• Haha
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
The Golden Knights when facing the Kraken last night.
giphy.gif

Overall great effort by the team and a deserved win in Vegas, giving us the first win against the Golden tin cans.
Team didn't give the Knights much to work with and that third

1) Gru was good, just like in his last start at Colorado.
He had a .19 goals saved above % as well, if I read that correctly.

2) Martin Jones should never get a start against the Vegas Golden Knights given that he was pulled in a third of his starts(he started over 30 against them) and hardly ever won against them
I was wrong on Gru last night. He was incredible the last 2 periods, more please. Love the MP gif.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I was wrong on Gru last night. He was incredible the last 2 periods, more please. Love the MP gif.

I think the most important thing is how the team's playing in front of our goalies.

Jones has been a great story so far, but he's also had the luxury of playing behind a defense that, for the most part, blocks loads of shots, keeps teams to the outside and let's their goalie see the puck.

I'm confident Grubi can be solid if the team keeps playing that way defensively.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I think the most important thing is how the team's playing in front of our goalies.

Jones has been a great story so far, but he's also had the luxury of playing behind a defense that, for the most part, blocks loads of shots, keeps teams to the outside and let's their goalie see the puck.

I'm confident Grubi can be solid if the team keeps playing that way defensively.
The improved team defense is what I've been noticing as well. Goalies gain confidence playing behind that sort of defense and it sort of grows together. There is no question this is a vastly improved team from last season.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I'm firmly in the Grub Stinks camp until I see plenty more evidence otherwise. He's been horrific for 90% of the games he's started. Like as bad as I've ever seen level for a starting G. That said, if he's even average from here on out then this is a very good team

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I'm firmly in the Grub Stinks camp until I see plenty more evidence otherwise. He's been horrific for 90% of the games he's started. Like as bad as I've ever seen level for a starting G. That said, if he's even average from here on out then this is a very good team

And guess what the rest of the team was terrible last year too...

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
And guess what the rest of the team was terrible last year too...
I fully agree. The team is better in pretty much every aspect. A lack of confidence in the defense in front of him last year must have negatively impacted his play to some extent. But I also saw him let in soft goal after soft goal that every keeper in the league should be able to stop. Hopefully he turns it around the rest of this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad