Proposal: Kraken take Price and flip him?

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Take him in the expansion draft, retain 3m per, and flip him to Toronto (or the Pens?) with the appropriate return given the retention.

Crash HF

Be a hell of a way to shake things up in the league.
Something tells me that the return you will get for a 34 year old goalie signed at 7.5 million (after retention) for 5 more years is no where near worth retaining 15 million over that span.

Call me crazy.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
As a GM I’d want 2 1sts and a 2nd absolute minimum for retaining $3Mx5 before you even get to the player

Reactions: Beville

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
I dont think this could happen, the only way this goes down, is first Seattle wants price and price wants to go back home.

He played 5 years for tri city, and thats where he met is wife.

They live in Kelowna in the summer and his parents live in anahim lake, so yea only way this happens is he wants to go home, and if Seattle wants to pick is bloated contract.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Even if Price agreed to waive, how many contenders actually need a starter enough to pay Price 7.5 million per year for another 5 years, and have that kind of cap space?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Why not do what Vegas did and have a great goalie for your first few seasons? It is a massive signing bonus, but if you average out his last 5 years, you're only paying him 8.8M. Montreal has paid a big chunk of his total contract already.

Goalies play well into their late 30's and Price is 33. He'll be 38 when the contract ends. That's not crazy old. He also doesn't have any degenerative issues that I'm aware of and he was excellent last year.

Reactions: ck26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad