Confirmed with Link: Kraken sign Grubauer (5.9M x 6)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yes, Grubauer has had a rough 25 game start. Everyone in the world knows this.

A "necropost" like this to troll a fanbase does not make you come across as clever, it's really only makes you look douchey.
Seems like posters are coming out of the woodwork to let us know how our signings like Gru are bad and Schwartz is always injured and overpaid.

So atleast we got that going for us.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Maybe he meant well. Beside, this will be Year 1 of a cup drought for Seattle, whereas judging by his username...he's used to slightly longer.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
The thread bumper will not be returning to the thread.

download.jpg

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Avs fan here coming in peace. I live in Seattle so Kraken are my second team. I feel your guys pain. Expansion teams are tough. Vegas is the exception to the rule.

I will say this though. Grubauer took a while to adjust to the Avs style of play. He was brought in when we still had Varly so it was kind of a 1A and 1B type of situation to start until he became our number one. Eventually he figured it out. I would imagine it will take a while to adjust. We have been seeing it with Darcy Kuemper over here too. Hang in there. I’m sure this team will get better.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Avs fan here coming in peace. I live in Seattle so Kraken are my second team. I feel your guys pain. Expansion teams are tough. Vegas is the exception to the rule.

I will say this though. Grubauer took a while to adjust to the Avs style of play. He was brought in when we still had Varly so it was kind of a 1A and 1B type of situation to start until he became our number one. Eventually he figured it out. I would imagine it will take a while to adjust. We have been seeing it with Darcy Kuemper over here too. Hang in there. I’m sure this team will get better.
Yeah. This team is not playing good enough structurally which needs to be address first before we start worrying too much about the goaltending.

One thing that I really respect is that Gru has owned the fact that he needs to do better. Driedger has done the same for us. I saw the last 3 seasons of Jones on the Sharks where he never owned the fact that he was not doing a good job. That bothers me more than anything.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
While the goalies are publicly saying the right things, a lot of this falls on the team when they keep hanging them out to dry.

San Jose has bled high quality chances the past couple of seasons, and they would give up break aways, 2 on 0s and even 3 on 0s (two on Os and three on Os? not sure how to type that ; )

goalies are 90% mental in this league.

We will take the Jones situation for example. During his down play, the Sharks regularly hung him out to dry. He'd make 2 terrific saves on a breakaway odd man rush, and then shortly after, have a melt down and give up a ridiculous softy, because he was rattled and fuming from the poor D coverage in front of him.

I'm not saying he was good after that strange 2018 injury(ies) season, and this team is a little differnt, but I see a lot of the same issues. Goalies sometimes need the team in front of them just to stop worrying about blocking every shot taken, and worry more about covering the open shooters that don't have the puck.(Oh, and cut down on the break aways...)

Have some faith in your goalie and let them take the shot. If the team does that, the goalie can square up and play farther out in the crease.

A lot of goalies in this league thrive when they take a lot of shots, as long as they can see them. It gets them into a rhythm and settles them down. If only high danger shots are the ones getting on net, and the goalie spends most of the game trying to find the puck through screens created by his teammates trying to block shots, there is a frustration that most goalies experience.

This team needs to learn how to play defence again. On odd man breaks, the D more often than not takes the puck and leaves the pass open, and the second player backchecking will then also double team the puck. It's ridiculous, so the goalies are anticipating the pass more than focusing on the shooter, which is why they are playing so poorly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad