Confirmed with Link: Kraken sign Grubauer (5.9M x 6)

SwedeKraken

Jul 24, 2021
Stockholm, Sweden
Well, that sure puts a check in the goalie box. It would be intresting to see what they payed. A fel team have goalie issues but are too tight to the cap.

Edit, that is a lot? He has been stable over the years though.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
6 yeas at $5.9 M AAV

Gotta see what we can get for Vanecek now.

BTW: Of course happy to see a german playing for my favourite team and the fans can now scream Gruuuubiii after every safe. :nod:

Reactions: Frozen

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Or we trade Vanecek for someone that actually needs a goalie.
Yeah but I wouldn’t rush it unless you’re getting a 2nd rd pick at least. He’s a cheap backup signed for the year which makes him really valuable imo.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah but I wouldn’t rush it unless you’re getting a 2nd rd pick at least. He’s a cheap backup signed for the year which makes him really valuable imo.
Vanacek has to go through waivers. Very few team keep 3 goalies on the roster, though I suppose that's a possibility here.

Bunch of teams need a cheap backup.... Carolina, TB, etc.

2nd rd pick sounds reasonable because of his cheap cap hit. Let the bidding begin....

Reactions: 4Twenty

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
A little bit surprised we got Grubauer, but in a good way. For some years I had my doubts about him, but he has played nicely in the Avs. Hopefully he continues to do so for us. With our decent defense, I don't think it should be an issue.

I'm OK with the cap hit as well.

I love goalies and felt like we needed a good and more experienced goalie than we had until this moment. Now that's been achieved.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
The league sure knows most likely that one of the Seattle Goalies has to exit. Would prefer a trade with Washington in a package for Kuznetsov.
Next years draft is a good one to have picks as well. So, we might actually see a trade of value.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Vanacek has to go through waivers. Very few team keep 3 goalies on the roster, though I suppose that's a possibility here.

Bunch of teams need a cheap backup.... Carolina, TB, etc.

2nd rd pick sounds reasonable because of his cheap cap hit. Let the bidding begin....

Dillon would have garnered 2 2nd round picks. So not sure if Vanecek was trade bait from the get go.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Dillon would have garnered 2 2nd round picks. So not sure if Vanecek was trade bait from the get go.
Yeah, I noticed that too, but Vanacek could have been insurance in case Grubauer re-signed with Colorado. I'm not sure why Colorado didn't re-sign him for $5.9M x 6. That's a reasonable cap hit for a Vezina finalist starting goalie.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
To think we would been fine if we gotten allen and Hill at the expansion draft... Damm it hockey why you so weird.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Detroit's 2020 2nd and 4th for Vanecek and send Griess to G.R.
Wut? Greiss played well at the end of last season and they just traded for Ned. No way the Wings trade for a backup goalie.

2nd and 4th sounds like a good price point, but it will be with the Caps, Canes, Bolts, or some other team that needs a backup goalie for under $1M.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Wut? Greiss played well at the end of last season and they just traded for Ned. No way the Wings trade for a backup goalie.

2nd and 4th sounds like a good price point, but it will be with the Caps, Canes, Bolts, or some other team that needs a backup goalie for under $1M.

That list is shrinking. Canes signed both Andersen and Raanta. Bolts signed Brian Elliot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad