Confirmed with Link: Kraken sign Adam Larsson (4M x 4)

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I like the signing. Top 4 anchor for a reasonable price. I haved lived in Edmonton and Seattle. Larsson picked Seattle. Canada is a hard sale.
Larsson came out with a reason today.
His father.

Nothing to do with the city itself. Just what happened there.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yes, I see my reply above. Thompson was about half and half until the influx of South Asians. Now about 44% each.

Edit: And it should be obvious which race owns all the stores and restaurants in town
R u talking Thompson Manitoba?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Been there many times, mostly Thompson Manitoba (including transit to and from). It's not as bad now because there are more immigrants, so at least now some of them can tell the difference between Asians and First Nation.

As recently as 2010, I couldn't get served at restaurants unless I had a white person accompanying me. I ate lunch at the Chinese restaurant by the bridge almost every day because that was the only restaurant that would serve me when I was alone. Then they built a Boston Pizza (around 2013 I think, maybe earlier), and the manager was a cool guy. That was the only bar I would go to, since I got good service since the help would see me talking to the manager all the time.

I'm sure it's better though with the influx of immigrants, especially East Indians (7.5% now, vs 0% back in 2000). They even have an Indian restaurant in town now. The smaller towns with no immigrants are still ass backwards. I'm too old for that BS, so I just refuse to go up there anymore.

I lived in Vancouver and got the same treatment from the East Indians. Does that count as racism or is it different. It’s unfortunate, but it happens to every race

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I lived in Vancouver and got the same treatment from the East Indians. Does that count as racism or is it different. It’s unfortunate, but it happens to every race
Obviously counts as racism. One's race does not excuse racism.

I'm not Indian or First Nation if you're trying to troll me.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Hey just checking in,
Oilers fan but always had a soft spot for Larsson. Saw you guys getting back in the win column today and him getting a goal.
How has his season been?
He's a glue guy for a defence core for sure.
Good luck the rest of the season

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Hey just checking in,
Oilers fan but always had a soft spot for Larsson. Saw you guys getting back in the win column today and him getting a goal.
How has his season been?
He's a glue guy for a defence core for sure.
Good luck the rest of the season
He definitely has been a core guy as far as our defense goes. I have had no complaints with the way any of our D have played really to be honest. But I would say Oleksiak and Larsson have been studs defensively for us.

Reactions: kihei

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
He definitely has been a core guy as far as our defense goes. I have had no complaints with the way any of our D have played really to be honest. But I would say Oleksiak and Larsson have been studs defensively for us.
Good to hear. Hopefully this win sparks something for the team. Eberle and Larsson are two of my favourite ex-oilers so rooting for them (when not playing against the Oilers)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I couldn't agree with this more. Both have provided way more than I expected they would. I can get on Dunn some for his defensive gaffes but otherwise none of our D have given me much to complain about overall. Given the record of the team, it's a little perplexing actually.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This is good to hear. Larsson always was a pretty solid d-man.

The only problem is the way he plays and his mental makeup. He's too proud of a player and fights through a lot of things he probably shouldn't.

He plays a tough mean game that can wear on him at times.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I am wondering how important Adam Larsson is for Seattle right now and how he is doing in general?

What's your views about him, would really appreciate since I'm a Swedish hockey fan.

Thanks

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I am wondering how important Adam Larsson is for Seattle right now and how he is doing in general?

What's your views about him, would really appreciate since I'm a Swedish hockey fan.

Thanks

Core piece of the team for sure. Easily one of the most consistent players on the team. I don't have a lot of negative to say about the guy. He plays defense very well, is intelligent in how he plays and is often found where he should be. I'm glad he's on the Kraken.

• Love
Reactions: 21 and brewski420

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Thanks

Very solid signing by Francis.

The guy plays a lot of minutes and all the tough minutes. He also rarely ever misses games and is an absolute pro on and off the ice.

There's absoltuley nothing to complain about giving him 4x4, especially looking at what some other guys are being paid.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
There's absoltuley nothing to complain about giving him 4x4, especially looking at what some other guys are being paid.
Pretty much this.

My only complaint is i feel like he takes a good amount of penalties but that just be selective memory on my part.

• Love
Reactions: 21

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Very solid dependable player on what is turning out to be a great contract. One of my favorites on the team.

• Love

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Hmmm, ok, Adam was +7 vs Chicago, decent. :D I believe he is on top of the +/- stat in the entire NHL right now, him, Pavelski and Graves?
+7? Had to look at the box score to confirm this. Confirmed!

tenor.gif

• Haha

Humlannitton

Dec 2, 2022
So how is our lost son doing over there in Seattle? In Skellefteå we still dream of him returning alongside Viktor Arvidsson, to get us another swedish championship.

How has his season been, what do you fans have to say about him?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
So how is our lost son doing over there in Seattle? In Skellefteå we still dream of him returning alongside Viktor Arvidsson, to get us another swedish championship.

How has his season been, what do you fans have to say about him?

Well, considering he's half of arguably the pair in the league right now, I'd say he's doing well. He and Vince Dunn lead the league in Goals For as a defensive pair and have a ridiculously high +/-. He holds up the defense while Dunn holds up the offense. It's good stuff. Larsson is a big part of the Kraken being a playoff ready team this season.

I know my near hyperbole will get some argument, but f*** it. He's awesome.

Reactions: Humlannitton

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Well, considering he's half of arguably the pair in the league right now, I'd say he's doing well. He and Vince Dunn lead the league in Goals For as a defensive pair and have a ridiculously high +/-. He holds up the defense while Dunn holds up the offense. It's good stuff. Larsson is a big part of the Kraken being a playoff ready team this season.

I know my near hyperbole will get some argument, but f*** it. He's awesome.
No argument from me at all. Not hyperbole at all in my mind. He has been and is an extremely valuable player for the Kraken. Very reliable with excellent puck handling skills that plays very important minutes for us!

I believe signing Dunn and keeping him paired with Larsson should be a priority.

Reactions: Humlannitton

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3