Confirmed with Link: Kraken sign Adam Larsson (4M x 4)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So as someone who has not closely followed Larsson, is he a legit top-4 D now? I watched him a few years back on the Oilers and he didnt appear to be all that impressive.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
So as someone who has not closely followed Larsson, is he a legit top-4 D now? I watched him a few years back on the Oilers and he didnt appear to be all that impressive.

With Oscar out due to shoulder issues. larson would been a top 4D for them.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Nice contract and you actually got something good from the Edmonton choices. Unless you sign Hamilton He's easily your best RD. He's more a 2nd pair guy but wouldn't be too out of place on the 1st with the right partner.

Reactions: McClelland

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Great start. Not my favourite player but a bonafide number 4 who can play against good players signed to imo under market value.

Right handed to boot. It’s a premium asset on a good contract.

Good start.

Depending on Oleksiak’s deal, whose deal should come in under this, it’s a helluva start. Both guys likely highly sought after.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Larsson's dad passed away in 2018 I think. It really hurt him mentally. His dad was his go to go that helped him through his ups and downs as a player.

The other problem is he often plays banged up. He plays a very tough style that wears on the body.

At the end of the day though he's a solid physical shutdown 2nd pairing guy. If the Oleksiak rumor is true they could potentially be one of the toughest pairings in the league, although both aren't exactly known for moving the puck.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Truly wonder why? Why pick an expansion team over a current playoff team? GMRF must be great at sales pitches based on the UFA signings we are making. Driedger, Larsson and Oleksiak.

I can't wrap my head around it either. Unless he's really pissed about us acquiring Keith and not protecting him. With that being said they were close to a deal right after we were eliminated from the playoffs so I really don't know what the hold up was. He was expected to sign sooner than Nuge and it just never happened.

Soul Rebel

Aug 19, 2019
Defnitely seemed like Oleksiak was destined for us based off Dallas' available players, and happy to have him in the fold. Don't know as much about Larsson, but based on the feedback and the AAV, looks like a solid pick.

Am I understanding the draft rules correctly in that this removes possibly taking Klefbom, correct?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Defnitely seemed like Oleksiak was destined for us based off Dallas' available players, and happy to have him in the fold. Don't know as much about Larsson, but based on the feedback and the AAV, looks like a solid pick.

Am I understanding the draft rules correctly in that this removes possibly taking Klefbom, correct?

He's your pick from Edmonton, likewise Oleksiak from Dallas. Doesn't slam the door on an additional trade happening, but there's no obligation for either side to do so.

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
Truly wonder why? Why pick an expansion team over a current playoff team? GMRF must be great at sales pitches based on the UFA signings we are making. Driedger, Larsson and Oleksiak.

actually, i think Edmonton is not the place to be for a lot of players. either the organisation nor the city have lots in favor. i d go with seattle as well. especially, when you see where vegas went in 4 years. they have reached much more than edmonton in those years. so it might be a mix ...

Reactions: Gniwder

Jdodd

Jun 24, 2017
They are the picks of the Oilers and Stars barring any side deals with those 2 teams. For example, supposedly for taking Driedger from Florida they are throwing in Frank Vatrano. So not sure if Oilers/Stars are throwing anything in or we are just plucking them from those 2 teams.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Big time fan of this. I had Larsson on a lot of my projected lineups because of his ties to the area and I expected if he signed here he’d get 4.25-4.6M so 4x4 is awesome. Love it!

Reactions: McClelland

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Larsson is a tough as nails defense-first 2RD. He's happy to play a shutdown role but don't expect a passing clinic or any offense from him at all. You absolutely have to play him with a puck-moving 2LD. He played top pair very infrequently as he doesn't work well with offensive players. Will be interesting to see how the new rules on crosschecking effect him. That's literally half his game in the defensive zone. He's a man of very few words and never complains about anything. Solid team guy.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
actually, i think Edmonton is not the place to be for a lot of players. either the organisation nor the city have lots in favor. i d go with seattle as well. especially, when you see where vegas went in 4 years. they have reached much more than edmonton in those years. so it might be a mix ...
Live in Edmonton or Seattle.... hmmm

Hockey players are human, seems to me like a quality of life decision. Looks good if the AAV is accurate.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Team Sweden A
Gabriel Landeskog – Mika Zibanejad – Elias Pettersson
Filip Forsberg – William Karlsson – Elias Lindholm
Rickard Rakell – Nicklas Bäckström – William Nylander
Viktor Arvidsson – Joel Eriksson Ek – Patric Hörnqvist

Victor Hedman – Jonas Brodin
Mattias Ekholm – Erik Karlsson
Hampus Lindholm – John Klingberg

Jacob Markström / Robin Lehner

Team Sweden B
Andre Burakovsky – Mikael Backlund – Jakob Silfverberg
Victor Olofsson – Alexander Wennberg – Gustav Nyquist
Adrian Kempe – Calle Järnkrok – Jesper Bratt
Carl Hagelin – Oskar Sundqvist – Oscar Lindblom

Oliver Ekman Larsson – Adam Larsson
Rasmus Dahlin – Anton Strålman
Oscar Klefbom – Niklas Hjalmarsson

Linus Ullmark / Lars Johansson

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Never been to Edmonton so cannot judge. But one thing that WILL make a difference is the no state tax in Seattle. Not sure how much tax in Edmonton is.
I have. You're not missing anything.

Also, rural Canadians up north are extremely racist towards First Nation people, if you're not white they will treat you like crap. I'm not First Nation, but I'm not white either so I know first hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->