GDT: Kraken @ Montreal Canadiens, 4DEC

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
They tired to battle back, but you cannot keep falling behind in games and expect to claw back and win every time. Injuries aside, that road was a complete disaster! 3 out of 4 games against losing teams and all we could manage is a single welfare point for losing in OT to the one team with a winning record.

It is almost the 30 game mark and I think that I can safely say without hyperbole that this upcoming six game homestand is already totally vital to our 2023-24 season! The Kraken need to win at least 4 out of the 6 if they want any hopes of making the playoffs, boosting team morale and giving the fans something to get excited about! If the Kraken only win 1-2 games during the homestand, then GMRF might as well get ready to be a seller at the trade deadline!
yep

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Making myself watch the highlights for this one...

Canadiens 1st goal - Welp, last two "highlights" have been Kraken being wasteful with possession in their zone, failing to clear. Whaddya know, Oleksiak stumbles a bit then just sort of softly passes the puck to Anderson? Easy pass to Monahan who taps it in. Just...damn.

Canadiens 2nd goal - Schultz is jockeying with Gallagher but Dumoulin isnt really putting any actual body on Pearson, just sort of standing next to him. Literally just two-on-two in front of the Kraken net, and Tanner effing Pearson nets his first goal in 20 games (per the announcer). Lovely.

Canadiens 3rd goal - Canadiens PP works it around, finally find a seam and convert. Not much else for it. PP goals happen.

Kraken 1st goal - Nice snipe by McCann. I swear he's the only guy who feels like he's bringing the same game as last season. Maybe Dunn?

Kraken 2nd goal - Laser by Dunn. See above.

Canadiens 4th - EN goal the length of the ice. Whatever.

Seemed like Gru made some pretty clutch saves on some dangerous chances in the 3rd. Give him a little credit even if the Sv% number is meh.

It's funny, during the Sens game the announcers commented how the Kraken have played the same 6 defensemen in every game this season and what a stroke of good fortune that was for Hak and the team. Watching this team duff chance after chance to clear the zone, it's hard to feel too jazzed about it? Tbqfh, I'm kinda sick of the Schultz/Dumo Experience already...

1701786864738.png

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad