GDT: Kraken @ Montreal Canadiens, 4DEC

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Kraken in Montreal to visit the Canadiens, another team that a Kraken group with real playoff aspirations should handily beat.

Buuuuuuuuuuut…

Given the last couple outings, it’s hard to look past anyone.

IMG_0095.jpeg

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
They are playing a bad team, the Kraken lose this for sure.

Wait, Grubauer is in net? Look at that atrocious Goals Saved Above Expected! Terrible. I try and be positive, but unless we're IN the playoffs, I'd rather not suffer through Grubauer goaltending.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
Holy crap they are getting outplayed by a terrible and injury riddle Habs team. They really need to wake the blank up

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Wish Gru would get his mojo back like he had in the Playoffs otherwise...

They are playing a bad team, the Kraken lose this for sure.

Wait, Grubauer is in net? Look at that atrocious Goals Saved Above Expected! Terrible. I try and be positive, but unless we're IN the playoffs, I'd rather not suffer through Grubauer goaltending.
yep

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Defense needs to stop passing the puck directly to the opponent.
No excuse for sloppy/lazy play in front of your own net.

Gru needs to be better as well. Need playoff Gru, not regular season Gru.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Just got home from work. Not sure I’m going to bother hunting for a stream to turn this one on. Might scoreboard watch and see if they make any effort to make it close, else just catch “highlights” tomorrow. Super bummed.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I think with goaltenders getting bigger and bigger and wearing larger and larger and larger equipment they should have to play without a mask just so they can become a little Puck Shy like Johnny Bower

Dunn unleases a bomb

unleashes

Its a game now

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
At least the Kraken aren't giving up

John, Caufield may be US born but has Canadian blood piercing through his veins

Hocktopus

Jul 1, 2023
BC
They tired to battle back, but you cannot keep falling behind in games and expect to claw back and win every time. Injuries aside, that road was a complete disaster! 3 out of 4 games against losing teams and all we could manage is a single welfare point for losing in OT to the one team with a winning record.

It is almost the 30 game mark and I think that I can safely say without hyperbole that this upcoming six game homestand is already totally vital to our 2023-24 season! The Kraken need to win at least 4 out of the 6 if they want any hopes of making the playoffs, boosting team morale and giving the fans something to get excited about! If the Kraken only win 1-2 games during the homestand, then GMRF might as well get ready to be a seller at the trade deadline!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad